Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polishing OEM Glock Trigger

Polishing OEM Glock Trigger

Seen this on YT, that trigger function can improve by polishing the metal parts of the trigger? My 19 gen4 has a pretty bad trigger. Anybody try this, and what kind of results did you get? Or plan "B" purchase a drop in after market trigger? Side bar; I have a 19,17,34. 17 very nice trigger, 34 OK trigger, 19 primitive-is being polite.

Or just dry fire and shoot it....a lot.....best trigger job ever.....and as an additional plus it improves proficiency.

There is a little bit to be improved by very lightly polishing the wear surfaces. A q-tip and Flitz is the safe method, Dremel with a polishing wheel is the riskier move...

Shooting and dry firing a few thousand times helps a lot too, and make sure the parts are properly lubed.

Replacing the gen 4 19 trigger/bar with a gen 3 trigger/bar can sometimes help too (use a 17 trigger to loose the serrated trigger).

Apex's replacement polished striker block can help too.

The inexperienced have messed up plenty of parts over the years with over aggressive "improving" so if you want to go for it, go slowly.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Switching to a Gen3 trigger bar is far more advantageous than polishing Glock internal parts.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I like the TTI connector, it's electroless nickel plated so it's already slicked up. Put some grease on it and put the dremel away.

Connector and trigger bar coatings make no difference. Sorry to break it to folks, but it's true. A drop of oil makes more difference than anything. And, before folks want to challenge the statement, that is coming from someone who has tested factory finish, polished finish, and NP3 finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The inexperienced have messed up plenty of parts over the years with over aggressive "improving" so if you want to go for it, go slowly.
    (Hangs head, raises hand)

I "improved" myself an unsafe double-firing pistol trying the Glock "$0.25 trigger job" on a Gen4G19. Replaced my over-polished parts with new factory ones and the gun ran fine.

Replacing the grooved G19 trigger with a smooth G17 trigger made the gun more comfortable to shoot.
    Last edited by peterb; 09-16-2017 at 05:46 AM.

What the heck do people use for a polishing compound when doing a .25 trigger job with a Dremel polishing wheel that can possibly ruin the parts and make the gun unsafe? As a test I've tried to alter the dimensions of a scrap trigger bar using Flitz and a Dremel, it takes much more effort than you'd ever expend doing a simple ten second buff.

Thanks everyone for the good information. Well, the wife had some emergency at work last night, and went back at 19:00hrs. This left me without plans for the evening. I removed the trigger, before polishing I discovered a rough metal bur on the underside of the rounded part. Taking the advice from this thread I proceeded with caution, instead of using my file or sanders to remove this excess I took advantage of the wife not being here and used her emory board. Afterwards some Flitz & buffing wheel at ˝ power with the Dremel. Very soon I had a mirror like shine. Reassembled everything, dry fired for function and now I need to squeeze some range time in to see if its any better or not. Start to finish took approximately 30, minutes and half of that was looking for the Flitz.Attachment 20015

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What the heck do people use for a polishing compound when doing a .25 trigger job with a Dremel polishing wheel that can possibly ruin the parts and make the gun unsafe? As a test I've tried to alter the dimensions of a scrap trigger bar using Flitz and a Dremel, it takes much more effort than you'd ever expend doing a simple ten second buff.
    I honestly don't remember exactly what I used, but I'm sure I was working on the "If a little is good, more is better" principle......

User Tag List