Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winchester Website Spells Jack O'Connor's Name Wrong

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    "Yankee" is a state of mind....
    hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    hmm.
    It's a joke. O'Connor and Elmer Keith had a long running debate going in magazines. I've enjoyed articles from both of them.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    You forgot to call him "college boy"

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    You forgot to call him "college boy"
    Duly noted for next time.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    I have long enjoyed reading O'Connor and Keith. I wonder how much of the feud was real vs fabricated to sell magazines. I would have liked to have hunted with either; but given a choice I would pick Keith over O'Connor any day. ( clan loyalty only goes so far) if I was hunting sheep with the Shah of Iran back in the day I think O'Connor would have been a more cultured choice. But I wouldn't want that anyway. A long horse mounted hunting trip in the Rockies with Elmer Keith would be a trip worth remembering. A close second would to been with to go with when he went to Vietnam to hunt tiger. That's a drinking story. Imagine- I never got a tiger because Charlie kept spooking them; he kept popping VC. Do we we have a favorite gunwriter thread? I need to get off my ass and do more hunting
    Last edited by Poconnor; 09-16-2017 at 07:57 AM.

User Tag List