Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll Pin Punch for H&K Grips?

Roll Pin Punch for H&K Grips?

New HK P30SK owner and I want to change out my grip modules. I need a 2.8mm roll pin punch, so where can I get one, on one that's close enough?

I think that's equivalent to 7/64th. Try http://tinyurl.com/yb3gelnn

I just got a Stanley 1/16" punch at Lowe's.

I've used it several times each on my VP9 and P30SK.

I just didn't see spending a bunch of money for a set of Armorer's punches for essentially a one time use.

So, here's the nut punch.... roll pins are fragile. You can reuse them if you use an actual roll pin punch with the nipple to keep them centered of the proper size. I do not expect you will find 2.8mm punch anywhere stateside, as we do not run on metric... sadly... I like metric. You may find one online for shipping overseas somewhere, but I'd imagine it will cost more than you'd care to spend after shipping.

That being said I have used a standard pin punch, sized 1/8" a few times (VERY CAREFULLY, with only pressure by hand to push through... no tapping with hammers). It seemed to deform the ends of metal just slightly, I wouldn't make a habit of doing it that way alot without replacing, but in a pinch should be fine once or twice. I think I've also used 3/32" punch that worked OK, I'd use the largest that cleared the frame hole of what you have anyways.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 09-14-2017 at 09:06 PM.

2.8 x .03937 = .1102

7/64 = .1094

McMaster-carr

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    2.8 x .03937 = .1102

7/64 = .1094

McMaster-carr
    Thanks. I figured that out before I posted the question, but since 7/64" is rare-to-non-existent I thought I'd ask what people were using. Appreciate it, though.

Doesn't everyone just use their OEM Glock punch?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I never used anything special in my P30 days...it's not like you have to beat on that pin.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Never thought of that - it's different pocket. One's a Glock and one isn't. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I never used anything special in my P30 days...it's not like you have to beat on that pin.
    Exactly. The pin that we're talking about doesn't require much force, so it isn't critical to have a perfectly sized punch. Roll pins in metal are a different story.

More often than not, I just use a Glock tool.

User Tag List