Thread: Slip 2000: Gun Lube, EGL, EGL30

Slip 2000: Gun Lube, EGL, EGL30

Ordered one of each when they had that Labor Day sale.

Which do I use for what? I assume for example, EGL30 on the Glock slide rail, gun Lube on the connector and EGL on the barrel where it contacts the slide?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

It's lube. It doesn't really matter. Just make it not dry.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I use EGL30 on pretty much everything. I do have a bunch of the little bottles of the regular stuff but those are stashed everywhere for emergencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Just lube the gun with whatever is the lubiest crap you have on hand. Grease on guns that need grease instead (AKA M1 owners). Don't make it rocket science with different compounds on different parts, it's all getting blown out of the gun after a few hundred rounds anyway.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Thanks fellas. Guess I bought more than I really needed to.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It's lube. It doesn't really matter. Just make it not dry.
    Correct.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Across 1911s, Glocks, ARs, one Mossberg SG and one Savage bolt action, I have always been able to solve any lube problem with Mobil 1 Synthetic or Lithium bearing grease.
    YMMV Greatly,

David Barnes
    www.vcdgrips.com

My bottles of Gun Lube and EWL 30 have congealed somewhat over about 4 years. There is a gellatnous buildup that developed on the sides of the bottle. I pour some of my oils into a Brownells Needle bottle and have seen this build-up.The standard EWL hasn’t not shown this congealing effect. Rand CLP seems to have one-upped Slip 2k in my book. The formula seems more stable and just as easy to clean.

I like the EWL-30 on the rails of my Dan Wesson A2, it stayed put very well on the blue finish and was easier to clean up than grease. John Harrison just finished doing some work on it, and sent it off this week to Birdsong, to be coated with Black-T, so I’ll b einterested to see how it reacts with that coating. They say it’s slick enough, that you don’t even need any kind of lube, but that seems like a stretch.

User Tag List