Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

So just got the shipping info in my email box mine should arrive Wednesday with the action tune. First Beretta in a long time as far as DA/SA pistols go I’ve been doing the Sig thing. I’m really looking forward to see how the action tune impacts the DA pull as I’d love to make this my carry gun. I also plan on getting the new version of the Watson with the tail and I’m equally excited about that.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    So just got the shipping info in my email box mine should arrive Wednesday with the action tune. First Beretta in a long time as far as DA/SA pistols go I’ve been doing the Sig thing. I’m really looking forward to see how the action tune impacts the DA pull as I’d love to make this my carry gun. I also plan on getting the new version of the Watson with the tail and I’m equally excited about that.
    Rick
    Expect a smooth, constant 8lb DA trigger pull. The SA pull is about 3.5-4lbs. Reset seems unchanged and is just a hair longer than what I get with a Sig that does not have the SRT installed.

My only very minor gripe about the action job is that I’d prefer a slightly shorter reset due to having shot a lot of SRT-equipped Sigs. That, and the reset is not as distinct on the CenTac as my BrigTac that does not have the action job. However, I’m overall pleased with the action job. It makes me almost a second faster on the FAST Drill (usually 6.2-6.8 seconds today depending on the reload) with the CenTac compared to the BrigTac which I attribute to the lighted DA trigger pull and thinner grips. The big red dot also helps a lot too.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-20-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

While I will remain cent-tac-less for a while I did just update my M9a1 with a vertec slide and the Spartan sights, the same front sight at least as featured on the new gun. It is awesome! As soon as they are available as an upgrade for the brig I'll be putting one on mine also. BIG upgrade for aging eyes. My buddy's Cent is set to arrive tomorrow and we both are looking forward to shooting it, my M9a1 and my brig side by side to feel out the differences in shooting characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    While I will remain cent-tac-less for a while I did just update my M9a1 with a vertec slide and the Spartan sights, the same front sight at least as featured on the new gun. It is awesome! As soon as they are available as an upgrade for the brig I'll be putting one on mine also. BIG upgrade for aging eyes. My buddy's Cent is set to arrive tomorrow and we both are looking forward to shooting it, my M9a1 and my brig side by side to feel out the differences in shooting characteristics.
    Where did you order your slide from?
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Where did you order your slide from?
    Beretta has them on their site right now. Both the slides and the spartan sights.

Beretta has them on their site right now. Both the slides and the spartan sights.
    Did you get one of the blem slides? Stimpee posted elsewhere that these had the right side serrations cut too far back. How does yours look?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    The other thing, at least for those of us who live in smaller states without a huge number of gun stores, is that driving the bricks-and-mortar stores out of business to save $50 on a pistol will ultimately result in far fewer FFL's to handle those discount guns (and limiting the number of FFLs makes it far easier for them antis to one day shut them down or drastically limit them). As you point out, in the short term the economics of saving every possible penny often don't actually make sense, while in the long term we will be cutting our own throats.
    This is the reason I'm out of a job now.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    This is the reason I'm out of a job now.
    Sorry to hear that. What so many gun owners don't understand is that gun stores are very low profit enterprises, and that the profit they earn on guns is much smaller than the markup most retailers enjoy. Shoes, for example, long had a 100% markup (they are lower now, but still relatively high). Gun stores are lucky to earn 20%, and of course gun buyers tend to take long amounts of employee time before they commit to buying.

Cars have a similar issue these days, except that car dealerships can make up for it on the service side. Few guns owners are willing to pay anything for maintenance or upgrades.

So a lot more gun stores are going to close as gun owners proudly boast of saving $20 or $50 on a purchase. Extremely short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    Did you get one of the blem slides? Stimpee posted elsewhere that these had the right side serrations cut too far back. How does yours look?
    As best I can tell the serrations are normal. Otherwise the slide is great. A couple light rub marks and a light roll mark in the corners are the only blems I can find. If I had bought it as a normal, non-blem, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Good to go

As best I can tell the serrations are normal. Otherwise the slide is great. A couple light rub marks and a light roll mark in the corners are the only blems I can find. If I had bought it as a normal, non-blem, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Good to go
    That's excellent! Thanks for the feedback. I may have to pick one of these up.

User Tag List