Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

If we're guessing, my guess is a PX4 (I'm hoping for a full size) with stippling (note Wilson's new Glock frame treatments), and a bunch of other stuff.

In the Langdon "PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19" thread ( https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....DA-SA-Glock-19 ), nearly all of the things Ernest did to his own gun in the first post ended up on the PX4CC, except for the stippling job. I understand why Beretta/Robar/Langdon couldn't do that treatment from a time/cost perspective, but it was the only feature I really wanted over the factory gun (well G model, too).

I think Wilson gives it to us now that they've got some talented stippling guys/gals on the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    If we're guessing, my guess is a PX4 (I'm hoping for a full size) with stippling (note Wilson's new Glock frame treatments), and a bunch of other stuff.

In the Langdon "PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19" thread ( https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....DA-SA-Glock-19 ), nearly all of the things Ernest did to his own gun in the first post ended up on the PX4CC, except for the stippling job. I understand why Beretta/Robar/Langdon couldn't do that treatment from a time/cost perspective, but it was the only feature I really wanted over the factory gun (well G model, too).

I think Wilson gives it to us now that they've got some talented stippling guys/gals on the staff.
    Quite frankly, I'd rather send my full size PX4s to Robar/LTT and have them copy their Mod 4 modifications. Not sure how much Wilson could bring to the table with a modified PX4 over what Robar/LTT currently offer.
    Shoot more, post less...

I am on a short leash here, but I will say this is not merely cosmetic, it is the configuration that I always wished Beretta built. I am down for multiple copies.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am on a short leash here, but I will say this is not merely cosmetic, it is the configuration that I always wished Beretta built. I am down for multiple copies.
    This may very well be true, but when are you NOT down for multiple copies?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    This may very well be true, but when are you NOT down for multiple copies?

Hey, two is one.....
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Sounds like the M9A3 already checks the boxes you need, unless I'm missing something in your criteria.
    Regular back strap frame. I'm not a fan of the Vertec back strap, and the wrap around conversion grips leave you no options for grip thickness. In addition, you are stuck with the rubberized feel. I'm not a fan of rubber grips either. A regular frame (with rail) and vertec slide is what I want. The coming Langdon offers that, the M9A3 doesn't.

-Cory

Probably not my guess or wish, then. However, that's OK, something else would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Regular back strap frame. I'm not a fan of the Vertec back strap, and the wrap around conversion grips leave you no options for grip thickness. In addition, you are stuck with the rubberized feel. I'm not a fan of rubber grips either. A regular frame (with rail) and vertec slide is what I want. The coming Langdon offers that, the M9A3 doesn't.

-Cory
    Beretta is selling Vertec slides on their website...pick up a M9A1 or if you already have a M9A1 just buy the new upper and bam! Langdon Special you can configure how you want (grips, sights, trigger, mag release). If I could find a new M9A1 frame I'd have a Vertec upper on the way already...
    Shoot more, post less...

Alright, who volunteers to search all his Beretta posts for hints about what the hell he's talking about?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Alright, who volunteers to search all his Beretta posts for hints about what the hell he's talking about?
    A Centurion with dovetailed or fiber optic sights would be nifty. You get better parts compatibility with the full size guns going that route vs the compacts.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List