Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Site Supporter

New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy.old.1 View Post
    Does anyone have any issues with the trigger stacking. I picked up a Centurion with the Wilson trigger job and I am not very impressed. It is light, but stacks at the end of travel. My PX4 compact trigger, although heavier, doesnt stack like my Wilson. Any one experience this or have any advice. I am new to Berettas but I was hoping for better.
    I suppose individual perceptions may vary, but “stacking” isn’t a word that comes up often when discussing Beretta triggers. I certainly don’t notice it on any of my 92’s.

Is there a way you can find another 92 to compare, or perhaps someone experienced with 92’s to try out your gun?

Mechanically, I’d check to see if the trigger bar is rubbing the stock panel. If that’s not the cause, I’d look into the possibility of the hammer strut is rubbing or binding somehow, either on the spring coils, or the hammer/strut interface, and ensure the trigger isn’t binding on the frame.
    That’s all the possibilities I can think of at the moment.

ETA: Also make sure the firing pin block moves freely, since it lifts near the end of the trigger stroke.
    Last edited by Dave J; 04-25-2018 at 12:49 PM.

IIRC there had been some reports of the trigger bar rubbing on a 'shelf' on the inside of the right grip panel.

Thanks for the replies. I have shot a few other Berettas and and I do not remember any stacking. Ill check to see if grip panels, trigger bar and firing pin block.

Looks like I found the issue. The hammer strut/spring was binding somehow. After I eliminated the grip panel, trigger bar and firing pin block. I disassembled the hammer and strut and re assembled. Problem solved and now it feels like I expected. I will get these Berettas figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy.old.1 View Post
    Looks like I found the issue. The hammer strut/spring was binding somehow. After I eliminated the grip panel, trigger bar and firing pin block. I disassembled the hammer and strut and re assembled. Problem solved and now it feels like I expected. I will get these Berettas figured out.
    Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    IIRC there had been some reports of the trigger bar rubbing on a 'shelf' on the inside of the right grip panel.
    I had to take a file to mine. Ended up ditching the Wilson grips for Langdon’s.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I am one of the luckier ones. Both my WC Berettas, a Brig Tac and a Cen Tac are 100%, with no issues. I am really anxious to get the LTT!

I assume that the Centurion with the Wilson action tune comes with the Wilson short reach trigger. What’s the difference between the Wilson short reach trigger and the standard Beretta steel trigger? Would the standard trigger feel like it breaks farther forward of the frame? Also, is the factory Beretta adjustable trigger a short reach trigger or standard trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I assume that the Centurion with the Wilson action tune comes with the Wilson short reach trigger. What’s the difference between the Wilson short reach trigger and the standard Beretta steel trigger? Would the standard trigger feel like it breaks farther forward of the frame? Also, is the factory Beretta adjustable trigger a short reach trigger or standard trigger?
    I don't believe the Cen Tac comes with a short reach trigger, with or without the action tune.

No, it does not. The action tune is just that....polishing of moving surfaces that effect trigger feel and a lighter spring but does nothing to swap the trigger out. Its also not a trigger job.

The Wilson Short reach trigger is useful if you've got really short fingers but it has a squarish blade shape and isn't as comfortable as the metal standard trigger that comes in the CenTec. Beretta does sell an adjustable metal trigger with pre-travel and overtravel adjustment screws.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

User Tag List