Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Of note, several of the stocking dealer on Wilson’s email announcement have not yet received their shipments. I’m waiting on one with the trigger job at Lyndon’s Riverview sports that has not arrived; Carolina Sporting Arms has 2 in stock. I have a BrigTac without a trigger job and I really wish had known about that option when I ordered. Now, I’m torn between waiting on a shipment for my ideal gun vs. settling for 90% of what I want.
    I placed my order from my WC dealer on 11/9, he said I should expect mine between 3weeks to the end of the year. Today he sent me this email.
    You are on my list to get one once I start to actually get some in. I am not going to invoice you until I actually have one to send you so you may not see an invoice until early next year. It really all depends on Beretta supplying the guns to Wilson... and their track record of sending them enough guns in a timely manner is sort of dismal. But you are on the list!
    Last edited by Tim92G; 11-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Yep, the fanny pack and AIWB j frame set up. With a Hawaiian shirt and black socks!
    And you've wondered why they pick you for a "victim"...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Centac came home with me today, as did the M9A3. Centac had a bit of rust on the front sight, oil and brush and it's gone, but I'll be watching it. Out of the box, the M9A3 actually had a slightly smoother trigger (Centac came from shooter connection and did not have action tune). After getting the factory preservative off and some oil on, they're completely equal for all intents and purposes.

I'm on record as not being particularly wild about the Centurion configuration, and I do have some trigger time on my old beater Centurion. That said, this gun may change my mind, at least partly, as it's much nicer than my older example. Hope to get it to the range on black Friday with some friends while our SO's shop....

I've read through the thread, and gone through the Wilson Combat site and watched the Wilson/Hackathorn video, and I'm still a bit ambivalent regarding the CenTac.

On the one hand, kudos to Bill Wilson, BUSA, Ernest, GJM and others who were either behind this and/or pushed it; I think it's a great product.

My ambivalence is around a couple of things: First, it's a pretty spendy beast, and while it's with some of the excellent quality Wilson components, and the tightened slide/receiver rails and barrel lock-up, as well as the stainless steel barrel (previously I had no idea that the BUSA stainless barrel was in any way markedly superior to the carbon steel one; if anything, I thought that the chrome lining of the carbon one would make it superior). The sights are superb, as is the extended magazine release but the rounded triggerguard, Wilson fluted guide rod, and skeletonized hammer are a "meh," at least from my point of view.

I guess that my greatest qualm is that for over $1,200 'Murrican you're getting a nice Centurion with some excellent features and tightened tolerences in some key areas, but still lacking the improved Wilson triggerbar/commensurately lightened mainspring, and presumably without the improved Wilson trigger return spring also. So to get a truly "Wilsonized" CenTac, I'd need to get the gun, send it to Wilson, have further tuning and components added, which then takes the overall tariff significantly higher. As it is, it's not a bad thing, but...

I find myself thinking that the overall better value just might be getting an existing 92 or Langdon M9 and then having Wilson perform some tuning and component replacement.

And while I have had a Centurion in the past, and it was a good gun, I'm thinking that a better application of this concept might have been applied on a Compact L, as in practical use I just don't find all that much of a difference between the full-size 92 and a Centurion, in either carry or use. But that's perhaps just me.

I applaud everyone involved for the effort and the resultant product. For me, and perhaps only me, it simply isn't passing a cost/benefits analysis. But it's a very nice piece, and I certainly wouldn't mind having one, but I'm just unconvinced that it provides me a truly substantive benefit over what I've already got.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    How wide is the front sight on the CenTac? Will these front sights be available for separate purchase?
    It seems to be a Spartan front, which is .140" wide according to the Ameriglo website. I called Ameriglo yesterday and asked if this front sight would be available separately, and the gentleman said whatever was available on the Ameriglo website was what was available. He also said that various companies (like Beretta) contract Ameriglo to make certain sights for them, and that those sights are available separately on each company's website.

Given that Beretta only sells the Spartan as a complete set, this seems like our only option at this time. If Beretta or Ameriglo intend to sell the Spartan front separately for Vertec/M9A3/CenTac dovetails, I would love to know about it. Otherwise, I will have to buy the full set and discard the rear, as I have a Vertec slide in need of an orange front sight.
    Last edited by BJV; 11-15-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Connectitude

If you have ever wanted a Centurion slide with a dovetailed front sight, this is the first time they have been commercially available. That in itself, makes this a winner for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    DB: The Beretta looks great, but what is that J-frame? No doubt you've described in somewhere on the revolver forum, but it screams "Combat BUG."
    642 Powerport. Fairly rare. It is a aluminum frame and stainless ported barrel and stainless cylinder all melonited. It is a BIG favorite of mine. Very shootable for an airweight with +P ammo. It compliments the CenTac like they were made to go together.

Also, my CenTac does not have the Wilson Fluted guide rod. I need to look into that.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-15-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Funny you should mention that, as I was just looking at that. I like the CenTac front sight, as I find it easier to see the top edge in contrast to the orange dot, than the Ameriglo on the Langdon PX4C, as when shooting quickly with that one, I can sometimes loose the edge causing shots at distance to go high. The Ameriglo on the CenTac is .140 wide (and about .165 tall, but I am more confident in the width, as it is harder for me to measure that height exactly). Looking at a BrigTac, that sight is shorter in height.
    I have Glocks with both the square and round Ameriglo Pro-Glow. I much prefer the round for the same reason. I don't have access to my calipers, but it "looks" like the BG front is narrower than .140.

Can Wilson's single sided G decocker fit this slide? AIWB carry would probably be less bumpy that way.

Looks like a sweet new gun and has my mind thinking overtime about dumping a couple Glocks to fund the purchase of one.
    Then again- if I remember correctly a Langdon PX4 is in the future.

I'd be interested to hear reports comparing the PX4CC and the new CenTac. I realize there are plenty of differences, but lots of guys on this forum have both. The CenTac is a bit pricey to just buy without reading what this community thinks between the two.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List