Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    A Centurion with dovetailed or fiber optic sights would be nifty. You get better parts compatibility with the full size guns going that route vs the compacts.
    My understanding from Ernest, is that Centurion and Compact uppers and lowers interchange, but not with the full size.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am on a short leash here, but I will say this is not merely cosmetic, it is the configuration that I always wished Beretta built. I am down for multiple copies.
    Well that dashes my hopes and dreams, as a SAO Centurion is not the configuration I envision GJM "always wishing Beretta built".

My understanding from Ernest, is that Centurion and Compact uppers and lowers interchange, but not with the full size.
    Good point .

I was thinking along the lines of grips, hammer, slide lock,trigger,etc. I remember Langdon saying the same thing.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Well that dashes my hopes and dreams, as a SAO Centurion is not the configuration I envision GJM "always wishing Beretta built".
    Honestly, a SAO Beretta is a mixed bag ergonomically. AGW (Allegheny Gun Works) did work years ago on converting DAO 92a to SA using factory parts and I looked into a gun configured as such .After researching the ergos I scrapped the project: the Beretta SA safety is a big honking lever right where my support hand parks. It's not like the PT92 where it's a stubby little lever.

So. Beware what you wish for on that score.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    They already introduced a compact...the Compact Carry.

I hope it's a dovetailed "G" Centurion with either a M9A1 or a non-railed frame. I'll take either.
    Yeah, I kinda wish they brought back the compact carry. Or some other flavor of compact.

But a Centurion would be cool too.

Would love to see a D model, but I seriously doubt this is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Honestly, a SAO Beretta is a mixed bag ergonomically. AGW (Allegheny Gun Works) did work years ago on converting DAO 92a to SA using factory parts and I looked into a gun configured as such .After researching the ergos I scrapped the project: the Beretta SA safety is a big honking lever right where my support hand parks. It's not like the PT92 where it's a stubby little lever.

So. Beware what you wish for on that score.
    Understood. At this point, the EDC X9 can fill the same void, but at a much higher cost.

Site Supporter
    IIRC, Bill Wilson hinted at "something in between a full size and a compact" shortly after the Brig Tac was released, which a lot of us took to mean a Centurion style gun. We later got the Compact Carry, but I suspect a Centurion may still be on his to-do list.

I would love to see a dovetailed front sight, but I doubt that Beretta can provide the slides, as this reportedly would require a new forging, meaning it would involve significant tooling costs. I'll be ecstatic if they prove me wrong, though. If it's the current short slide, I'm hoping that a factory tritium front is an option.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ull-size-frame
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The rails that the barrel rides in are shorter on the lowers machined for the short slides than they are on the lowers made for the full slide, along with a couple other things. That was the explanation for why you couldn't build your own Centurion with a compact top end on a standard lower.

User Tag List