Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    13*3+15=54 compact with 3, 13 round mags (available for purchase on the Wilson Combat site)plus a 15 round standard 92 mag?
    It looks like the Wilson Brig Tac came with 3 mags, not 4... So I'd guess its a full size frame.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    Centurion confirmed!

Kind of think there is no other way it could go at this point. With the quote of Langdon mentioning that there was at one time a Vertec G Centurion that @EricM found...
    Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Some interesting things from 2014...

I handled a Wilson 92G Compact Carry at Gabe's class over the weekend...took about 2 seconds to decide I need a 92. Can't even describe how nice those G10 grips felt after a couple days shooting my Langdon PX4C with Talons.
    Bill Wilson previous statements about something between full size and compact, support centurion model.
    @GJM giving us potential round counts, the full size frame seems a certainty.
    @GJM also mentions ease of carry being something he values. And this gun is one he will like.
    Langdon previously mentions a 92G Centurion Vertec was once available.

Seems pretty much set that this is the longest name in Beretta history. The "Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Centurion Vertec Carry" or possibly even "Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Centurion Vertec Carry Tactical" if it has a rail.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 09-19-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Long time lurker and rare poster here. I feel compelled to chime in with a guess though. I'm going with a 92 G or PX4 with a full sized slide on a compact frame of some sort. @GJM mentioned the ability to replace his 10-15 Beretta's with 2-3 of these. I'm guessing the gun will come with 4 magazines. 2-17 rounders and 2-10 rounders. The 17 rounders will have grip extensions on them allowing the gun to feel like a full sized gun with the 17's and a compact gun with the 10 rounders.
    Last edited by Bere09; 09-19-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Site Supporter
    Mr. Langdon mentioned it's not a PX4.

Site Supporter
    Seems like a Centurion of some kind is the most consistent expectation.

Not that a Centurion wouldn't be neat. But personally, the extra grip length (for me) isn't worth the rounds it gives you. I'd rather see a full-fledged compact.

Also... the idea that Bill Wilson likes "frame mounted safeties" came up. Eh. We talking SAO here? I'm not really interested in an SAO 92 to be honest.

What would be awesome... is a safety/decocker system like what's on the Cheetah. It's a decocking safety, but frame mounted. Put that on a tuned Compact--you've got my attention.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 09-19-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Without 18 rounders which were ruled out earlier 3 mags I think the only other option is 2, 17 round mags and a 20 round mag witch doesn't seem logical given the standard mags that come with the Brigtac.

Hmmm..On the other hand, perhaps George and Mrs. George had a bet over morning coffee, "Just how long would it take to get a 15 page thread on p-f?"

You're a BAD man, George! (but assuming the original thread premise is the true one, I'm still intrigued)

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Hmmm..On the other hand, perhaps George and Mrs. George had a bet over morning coffee, "Just how long would it take to get a 15 page thread on p-f?"

You're a BAD man, George! (but assuming the original thread premise is the true one, I'm still intrigued)

Best, Jon

Not vapor-ware...

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Best, Jon
    Bill Wilson is a funny guy, but he is dead serious when it comes to metal Beretta pistols.

Keep in mind, that Centurion and Compact uppers and lowers interchange, so if did turn out to be a metal Beretta shorter than a Brig Tac, you could alternatively use whatever lower you wanted (rail, no rail, Centurion, Compact). Of course, I have also heard Bill rave about the SAO 92, and he has the horsepower to get whatever Beretta configuration he wants built.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

you really are not helping me.

i have some $$ in my pocket, and i'm heading to the grand opening of the Cabelas in Albuquerque this thursday. but.....if Beretta and Wilson get together to produce something really interesting, then i'm going to be interested in that.....

i previously guess a SA 1911 like pistol, and i'm sticking with that. double stack mag, SA trigger, maybe 92 slide and barrel. may as well go with frame mounted safety. from what i've read of Bill Wilson, he likes short barrels (4 to 4.25") but full capacity magazines (thus full size grips), as that combo is easy to carry and conceal. just look at his new EDC X9, that's exactly what that is. may as well make a pistol just for ESP and daily carry. lot more buyers at 1500 than at 3000+.

User Tag List