Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Me either. I sure hope the gun is a G.

I'll tangent.

92 Centurion G, with thin Wilson G10 grips, low profile de-cocking lever(s), dovetailed front sight, Wilson/Vickers Battlesights, Wilson mag release, D mainspring, low profile hammer, trigger guard undercut, railed dust cover, and optional Wilson short reach trigger.

That sounds about right.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Site Supporter
    I was about to buy a new 1911 but I may just need to wait and see. I love the way my 92 compact tracks and it's also the most accurate Beretta I have for whatever reason. I have been wanting a Centurion for a bit now.

Y'all suck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I'll tangent.

92 Centurion G, with thin Wilson G10 grips, low profile de-cocking lever(s), dovetailed front sight, Wilson/Vickers Battlesights, Wilson mag release, D mainspring, low profile hammer, trigger guard undercut, railed dust cover, and optional Wilson short reach trigger.

That sounds about right.
    That would actually be very tempting, even to this 1911 guy. I'd rather have a more traditional rear sight and can take or leave the rail on a Centurion size frame, but other than that your description sounds great. Beretta should be making Centurions, which seems like it would be easy to do since it's basically a Compact slide on a full size frame.

They could do an SAO Centruion, which would be interesting as IIRC Beretta never made a compact SAO model from the factory. It would basically be a poor mans EDC X9.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    They could do an SAO Centruion, which would be interesting as IIRC Beretta never made a compact SAO model from the factory. It would basically be a poor mans EDC X9.
    The 1911 and EDX X9 work as single action guns because the ergonomics are right. Unless they could make the position of the safety such that it works as well as a 1911-based gun I think I would rather have a D or G model Centurion.
    Last edited by Robinson; 09-19-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The 1911 and EDX X9 work as single action guns because the ergonomics are right. Unless they could make the position of the safety such that it works as well as a 1911-based gun I think I would rather have a D or G model Centurion.
    Sao berettas have frame mounted 1911ish located safeties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally - I'd seriously consider a SAO Centurion.

Example:
    https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...e-works.12212/
    Last edited by jeep45238; 09-19-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I'll tangent.

That sounds about right.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    You just about spec'd out my dream Beretta. Mine would be a Compact railed frame.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Just hung up with the head shed, and have two more clues.

1) if you load all the magazines that come with the pistol, it will take more than a box of ammo.

2) the front sight is orange.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So it comes with 3 MecGar 18 rounders and a decent front sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List