Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Just wanted to bump this thread especially since all the Beretta goodness is at a high.

I recently picked up a Wilson Centurion and have become enamored with it. It is the perfect size and it flat out shoots! I see why people like the centurion slide for its shooting characteristics. I need to spend more time with it, but i am really liking it.

One of the things I like about these 92s is that for me, they conceal great. The shape of the grip and the gun lend itself to excellent concealability. It is easier to conceal then a g19 for me. Plus having 18+1 flush fitting mags in a great shooting gun is nice.

Just curious if anyone has any info to add or if there are any comparisons to the LTT yet.
    Last edited by EVP; 08-13-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Just wanted to bump this thread especially since all the Beretta goodness is at a high.

I recently picked up a Wilson Centurion and have become enamored with it. It is the perfect size and it flat out shoots! I see why people like the centurion slide for its shooting characteristics. I need to spend more time with it, but i am really liking it.

One of the things I like about these 92s is that for me, they conceal great. The shape of the grip and the gun lend itself to excellent concealability. It is easier to conceal then a g19 for me. Plus having 18+1 flush fitting mags in a great shooting gun is nice.

Just curious if anyone has any info to add or if there are any comparisons to the LTT yet.
    For those who wish to carry a Beretta 92 as a daily carry, the CenTac is about perfect. I absolutely love my LTT Elite for a dedicated WML gun. Basically, two different uses for them. Obviously, both could be run concealed or as a WML dedicated pistol, but I find each to be at home in the roles I have them in. My CenTac is now getting little use because I daily carry a PX4CC and the LTT Elite is handling home defense and bedside duties.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    My CenTac is now getting little use because I daily carry a ...
    Then you should sell it to me.

Or me. You know I'm good for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Cough cough. Check the for sale ads.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Then you should sell it to me.
    We may talk...
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

wilson combat centurion problems

So I picked up my WC CentTac from my FFL dealer Monday, serial number range 24xx. I didn't have a chance to go over it with a fine-tooth comb until today when I noticed SEVERAL issues. A couple problems aren't huge to me (finish and machining marks) since I plan to carry and compete with it anyways but a couple of the problems are concerning:

First, the slide at the muzzle isn't radiused evenly-one side, the left side, is rounded, whereas the left side has the flat surface typical of the average beretta. This creates another issue where the slide "hood" over the top of the muzzle (underneath the front sight) is noticeably thicker on one side than the other. As your looking at the muzzle, the section that's thicker is at about the 2-2:30 vs 10-10:30 on the other side of the barrel opening. My concern is the thinner portion of this area may be more prone to cracking. It probably wouldn't but its not a chance I feel I should have to take on a $1250 gun (+$ for the action tune).

Secondly, the barrel bore and crown was rusted when I received it. I've never seen this before on a new pistol or even a used one and I'm not meticulous about cleaning mine... I typically don't clean one unless I've got at least 250 rounds through it or 6 months passes.

Thirdly, the underside of the slide rails has several "pock marks" that have been coated over. Most of them are small but one on the edge is pretty big IMO. I'll throw in the deep (easily felt with the finger) swirl-like machining marks just in front of the frame rails on each side here on this point... The rest of the machining marks that cover the inside of the slide and frame aren't deep like these two and are basically a cosmetic annoyance.

Finally, the coating on the left side of the front sight where it was dovetailed in is chipped-like I can see what looks like bare metal on the edge... Slightly cosmetic I suppose but pretty ridiculous on such a high-end Beretta.

As for the Action Tune that Wilson did, I'd definitely pass on that in the future. The trigger felt spongy all the way through the trigger pull and break---like a Glock with a 3.5# ghost connector with a minimal amount of stacking just before the break... The trigger break itself wasn't impressive either--like a carrot vs the glass rod on my 2015-produced Italian-made 92 compact. I ended up putting a Langdon TJIB on that pistol a few months ago and wow, it's single-handedly the best trigger I've ever felt.. It was good before the TJIB but that with the 13# hammer spring made it nothing short of amazing (think ball bearings rolling on glass and a glass-rod type break). I would definitely take that route in the future but maybe the guy at Wilson Combat installing my action tune parts was having an off day, IDK...

On the plus side, the slide to frame fit was excellent and aside from the chipped coating near the front sight, the coating was pretty decent everywhere else-unlike many others have had problems with as of late. This gun feels amazing in my hand and so natural. Discovering these issues was a pretty huge let down. These problems aren't unique to me and are a direct result of obvious issues that the Beretta plant in Gallatin TN is having. I just hope that Wilson Combat and/or Beretta take care of me on at least the slide radius issue. I've sent a message to Wilson and will report back what they recommend. I will say that I won't be buying any more new Berettas produced in Tennessee for a few years until they can get their act together.
    Last edited by Prepper_Pig; 08-22-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Unfortunately you seem to be amongst those few who have received a problematical Cen Tac. Hopefully Beretta will get their act together in Tennessee and these issues will be a thing of the past. Interestingly enough I haven't heard any issues with the Langdon LTT pistols. I am among the fortunate majority who have received damn fine Brig Tacs and Cen Tacs as mine are outstanding pistols, as is my LTT Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper_Pig View Post
    Secondly, the barrel bore and crown was rusted when I received it. I've never seen this before on a new pistol or even a used one and I'm not meticulous about cleaning mine... I typically don't clean one unless I've got at least 250 rounds through it or 6 months passes.
    I picked up a Brig Tac ~1 month ago that had the same issue. Additionally the tritium in the front sight was dead. I returned it to Beretta and the front sight was addressed and the barrel is........slightly better.

My LTT was "perfect" and is definitely my preference.

Would love to see some pics of these problematic guns coming out of TN. The descriptions are a little hard to follow, and a pic is worth. . . well, you get it....

User Tag List