Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

I'm with you there on the durability of the finish, insert "these are tools!" comment to which I also agree. I enjoy the look of a well-worn used pistol, that being said if the longevity of the finish is a concern I'd advocate going with that aftermarket finish. My Brig Tac doesn't have the greatest of finishes on the grasping grooves on the rear of the slide but truthfully I don't think much of it. In time as the whole gun begins to show some wear and I don't want to look at it any longer that's probably when I'll explore the refinishing options.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I spent a year with a 226 Legion. Beretta's finish way better than what ever Sig is using.

The Legion finish is inconsistent, many report little wear after a year and others have the finish scrap off after one session in a Kydex holster. However, the standard Nitron is done by Ionbond and is far superior to Bruniton in my experience.
    Last edited by AJD21; 03-15-2018 at 06:56 PM.

I'm getting ready to order a couple JM Custom holsters for my incoming Centurions. Has anyone tried the new Inforce APL Gen3 on the Centurion? Does it fit well? I've got an email into Tony as well but thought I would ask the hive as well.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Need some help with understanding what WC does on an Action Tuned Centurion.

Do you recommend the Action Tune or EL Trigger in a bag?

Or do they address different issues and they can be combined?

I have a Centurion with the Wilson action tune and chrome silicon springs. I had a BrigTac with the trigger job in a bag. Overall DA/SA weight was very similar. The Langdon set up was smoother over all and just felt better. I blind tested a few friends and they all came to the same conclusion.

At some point in the future I’m going to pick up a second Centurion without the action tune and put the Langdon trigger job in it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

action tune is lighter springs and a polish job. LTT TIAB includes the WC trigger bar that has reworked angles and all the parts come pre-polished to boot. So...the LTT kit plus the polishing of the feedramp that is part of the action tune would be the combination of both approaches. IIRC, LTT consulted with WC on the original list of work they do so they're taking the same approach. The WC action tune doesn't touch the sear AFAIK whereas LTT's kit does.

I've done quite a few action tunes on my own without touching the hammer hooks or sear and there's a LOT that can be done that way.

My CenTac had an action tune done by Josh at AAGW and its a lot nicer than my bone stock BrigTac. Guess I should knock out the BrigTac at some point as well. I've had WC and AAGW do trigger jobs on my 92 Centennials and the AAGW work is a far nicer trigger.
    Last edited by PGT; 03-25-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone have a pic of a cen tac near a P2000 for a size comparison?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Anyone have a pic of a cen tac near a P2000 for a size comparison?

Cent Tac is roughly the size of a P30l.

User Tag List