Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,007 of 1007

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Site Supporter
    My main 92 training gun was a real QC nightmare. I bought it at peak 2013 gun hysteria so I could have a beater to practice DA/SA.

The frame and slide were milling themselves at the frame rails...as in the slide was tilted about 0.05 degrees left or right of the frame vertical centerline when looking down.

The thing amazingly worked. It still works.

The other machining on the slide is reminiscent of the other pictures. It looks like a Ruger.

It looks to me like the TN plant still has some teething issues.
    Last edited by fixer; 09-04-2018 at 06:03 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I picked up one of the blem Vertec slides back at Christmas. The advertised defect was the right-side slide serrations being mispositioned. However, the rest of it was rougher than I imagined, with a multitude of faults. My impression was that it was a setup/training piece from getting the new plant up and running.

I also picked up a stainless 9mm barrel to go with it, which was not a blem, but has a noticeably non-concentric crown.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For those of us in the Houston area, there is going to be a Wilson Combat day at Athena Gun Club on 9/22.

I'm planning to go and try all the WC models I can, just for the heck of it.
    Latest email from Athena:

Firearms available to shoot:

Professional LW 9mm
    CQBE 9mm
    Ms. Sentinel 9mm
    Vicker's Elite .45 ACP
    Vicker's Elite .45 ACP
    CQB Tactical LE 9mm
    Supergrade Classic .45 ACP
    EDCX9 9mm
    Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm
    92G Brigadier Tactical 9mm
    92G Centurion Tactical 9mm

AR Pistol 9mm
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    That is where I am at. I got a good one. Needs a sight adjustment that is not a huge deal. This is sort of like winning in Vegas. I will simply take my good one and walk away from the table. I do not know what is going on behind the scenes, but I would think somebody at Wilson should be having some serious conversations with the folks at Beretta who should be having some internal reviews of QC standards.
    I agree, after seeing the pics of flgunnies Cent-Tac , I pulled mine out of the safe to compare, while not quite as bad, they're there..I also pulled out my Inox Vertec made at Beretta's old factory in Maryland..it had about the same amount of tool marks, in the exact same places.. Both however, are good shooters..The real kicker here is after all this, I pulled out my CZ P07, took the slide off and it's clean...no tool marks on/in the slide, pretty nice considering it's a $500 or so handgun.. Apparently, CZ has figured out how to clean up these marks, something I'd think a 500 yr+ old company would've learned how to do by now... But yeah, Wilson needs to tell Beretta to tighten up their QC, or drop them altogether, because it's making W.C. look bad, especially considering what they're charging for these things. Myself, I probably won't buy another WC Beretta anything..considering the QC issues that have been posted, it's borderline as to whether or not they're worth the money..

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson
    For those of us in the Houston area, there is going to be a Wilson Combat day at Athena Gun Club on 9/22.

I'm planning to go and try all the WC models I can, just for the heck of it.
    Latest email from Athena:

Firearms available to shoot:

Professional LW 9mm
    CQBE 9mm
    Ms. Sentinel 9mm
    Vicker's Elite .45 ACP
    Vicker's Elite .45 ACP
    CQB Tactical LE 9mm
    Supergrade Classic .45 ACP
    EDCX9 9mm
    Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm
    92G Brigadier Tactical 9mm
    92G Centurion Tactical 9mm
    AR Pistol 9mm
    Is anyone else going to this? Opens at 10:00. I'm probably going to get there earlier in the day. Would be fun to say hi to some local peeps.
    Not another dime.

Is anyone else going to this? Opens at 10:00. I'm probably going to get there earlier in the day. Would be fun to say hi to some local peeps.
    I went to the members only event tonight. It was a blast. My goal was to shoot the edx and the Centurian. I went in wanting the Beretta, came out wanting the edx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Shot the Cent Tac, the EDC X9 and the CQB Commander 9mm. The SAOs were nice, but not for me. My wallet tells me it's relieved. The EDC is just too small to fit my hands perfectly. The larger back strap and the longer reach trigger they had on the demo table still weren't right.

The Cent Tac, to my surprise, failed to induce drool. The grips are too thin for me. The trigger was underwhelming. I'm assuming the demo gun didn't have any special trigger work done on it. Although the DA was light, it wasn't a standout for smoothness. The SA had more creep than good SAs that I'm used to, and wasn't particularly crisp. My own Beretta is a factory D model, so the sides of the slide are completely clean, just like all my other pistols with frame-mounted controls. I was surprised to find the ambi G levers visually distracting on both sides of the slide, but it particularly seems prominent on the right. Probably something I'd get used to with time, but strange at first.

I suspect that if I try another dive down the Beretta rabbit hole, it will be a D Centurion. I reckon one of those that had received Mr. Langdon's "full boat" treatment would be awfully sweet.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List