Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

OK I couldn’t stand it any longer and ordered a Centurion today. I ordered it with the trigger job and springs and can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DRJ View Post
    OK I couldn’t stand it any longer and ordered a Centurion today. I ordered it with the trigger job and springs and can’t wait.
    A local shop carries the Wilson Berettas. I'm working on a local deal on a Colt Python, if that falls through I'll be picking up a CenTac.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Can anyone tell me what trigger pull weights your seeing with the springs and action job?

I’ve been pretty happy with my Centurion until today by I’m not sure there were any deal breakers. I put 300 rounds of Winchester 124 grain NATO ammo through it last weekend, no problems. Today with 200 rounds of the same ammo I had 4 rounds give me light strikes. Three of them fired after being hit again but one round took another three or four strikes before it fired. Then on my last mag the piece surrounding the tritium vial flew off.

So, am I going to have to deal with Beretta on this sight issue? Do the light strikes sound like an ammo issue?
    Name:  FB7E133A-1812-4F55-9D50-2418B5946970.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  26.4 KB

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ydennekb View Post
    Then on my last mag the piece surrounding the tritium vial flew off.

So, am I going to have to deal with Beretta on this sight issue?
    Let us know what ends up working with you to fix the issue. I had the same thing happen on a Brig Tac, haven't gotten around to addressing it yet.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 03-11-2018 at 03:16 AM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

CWM11B
    I’ve been pretty happy with my Centurion until today by I’m not sure there were any deal breakers. I put 300 rounds of Winchester 124 grain NATO ammo through it last weekend, no problems. Today with 200 rounds of the same ammo I had 4 rounds give me light strikes. Three of them fired after being hit again but one round took another three or four strikes before it fired. Then on my last mag the piece surrounding the tritium vial flew off.

So, am I going to have to deal with Beretta on this sight issue? Do the light strikes sound like an ammo issue?
    Try different ammo first. I have had horrible experiences with Winchester ball ammo. A few years ago, when my agency switched to 9mm, I had to buy a significant amount (250k rounds) of 147 ball from them during the crunch. We had HUNDREDS of light strikes in standard issue M&Ps. It became comical after a while. Four months into retirement, I now have to buy my ammo again. Got a mag/ammo deal from PSA. Ammo was Win. 124 gr WB. Last weekend I broke into it for a local match. Three light strikes in the first fifty round box I opened. I hate their ammo, and won't buy more. Only reason I ended up with this was due to the deal on magazines.

i had a similar issue where the front sight came off during firing, wilson took care of the issue for me

Ordered (2) CenTac’s this morning. Should be here Friday. Can’t wait to give them a good shake down!
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

I have both a Brigadier Tactical and a Compact Carry so naturally I'm thinking about the new Centurion version. My only gripe about these really good pistols is the Bruniton finish, the stuff just doesn't wear well. I have an early INOX 92 that was a duty pistol that looks better. I hope in the future that Wilson will start doing these with the INOX finish, now that would be something. I'm seriously thinking about sending one of my Wilson Combat Berettas to Robar for their really durable NP3 finish just to see how it turns out. I've had them do several other Berettas for me PX4s and my APX and that would solve my dislike for the Bruniton finish problem. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I'd do that, or black nitriding www.blacknitride.com

User Tag List