Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    With as much info as they have stored on the forum I'm always surprised by the number of users they have who can't tell a 92A1 from an M9A1.

-Cory
    Haha.

There's some real knowledgeable folks on there. I don't mind it--but I agree: there's no other forum I've been on that takes on the "craft" handgunnery like PF.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    So, on the Beretta forum, I posed the idea that maybe the 9000 was unfairly condemned by the gun intelligentsia for crimes it did not commit.

The consensus there, is that the 9000 is guilty as charged. On all counts: unreliable, shitty trigger, disintegrating grip, stiff safety, terrible ergonomics, form over function, etc.

I don't know. I've never shot one. All I can say, is that it looks cool. And some part of me wants to believe it doesn't suck.
    No, they're right. I'm a big Beretta fan, but the 9000 is junk. My post was supposed to be tongue and cheek, but I think some here might have taken me seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    So, on the Beretta forum, I posed the idea that maybe the 9000 was unfairly condemned by the gun intelligentsia for crimes it did not commit.

The consensus there, is that the 9000 is guilty as charged. On all counts: unreliable, shitty trigger, disintegrating grip, stiff safety, terrible ergonomics, form over function, etc.

I don't know. I've never shot one. All I can say, is that it looks cool. And some part of me wants to believe it doesn't suck.

I owned one. Paid $100 for it (was a range rental). It was in .40 S&W. It, without a doubt, is a shitty pistol.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I'm under no illusions that it doesn't suck. I just kinda wish it didn't.

Site Supporter
    I knew what you meant. Gave me a chuckle. I just thought it would make for an interesting discussion.

I wanted to like the 9000S also. I mean, a small DA/SA that can also be carried cocked & locked and can also use the same mags as the 92/96? Sounds like a great thing! I liked the idea of the rubberized grip, too. But it just didn't work like I wanted it to. The way I hold a gun wasn't how that gun wanted to be held. The hammer bit my hand bad. I sold mine for about what I paid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    I wanted to like the 9000S also. I mean, a small DA/SA that can also be carried cocked & locked and can also use the same mags as the 92/96? Sounds like a great thing! I liked the idea of the rubberized grip, too. But it just didn't work like I wanted it to. The way I hold a gun wasn't how that gun wanted to be held. The hammer bit my hand bad. I sold mine for about what I paid.
    Yeah, I agree. It makes a lot of sense on paper. It sucks that the execution didn't live up to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    The "cocked and locked" part was subject to change without notice on the 9000s. I got to witness my example turn it's own safety off ,before the P320 made safety failures cool.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    No, they're right. I'm a big Beretta fan, but the 9000 is junk. My post was supposed to be tongue and cheek, but I think some here might have taken me seriously.
    As a deep Beretta fanboy, I've considered getting the 9000 and the Nano under the logic that I should have to suffer the bad to enjoy the good.

Common sense won out in the end. Even good companies make crap sometimes.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 09-22-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Back to the 92 series, this is mine from the last WC Beretta release. Trigger, with a WC trigger bar is amazing. Hoping late next week is when the newest release surfaces.

Name:  IMG_2332.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  83.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List