Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Here is a clue -- the new gun is a 9mm.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

can we play 20 questions?

shot my Brig-Tac today, sweet pistol. so if i'm going to add to my collection, it has to be special in some way. either features, price, looks (an engraved 92 would be nice), or some combo. no point buying another if i already have one that does what the new one does just as well. i shoot my guns, i'm not much into collecting just for the sake of having one of every version of some pistol.

i'll stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    can we play 20 questions?

shot my Brig-Tac today, sweet pistol. so if i'm going to add to my collection, it has to be special in some way. either features, price, looks (an engraved 92 would be nice), or some combo. no point buying another if i already have one that does what the new one does just as well. i shoot my guns, i'm not much into collecting just for the sake of having one of every version of some pistol.

i'll stay tuned.
    I have ten or fifteen metal Beretta pistols, and I could replace them all with two or three of the new model.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

well, since the new thing is "modularity" (p320, APX are current examples), it would be neat if you could mix and match pieces and parts to make yourself a modular 92. serialized frame with changeable backstrap (so you can have either classic or vertec grip), D spring, long or short slide/barrel, replaceable sights, easy F to G conversion. buy the frame from Wilson, then spec out the other parts you want on it to make it just special for you.

i have no idea what is planned, i'm just thinking outside the box.

but i still love my Brig-Tac.

I have ten or fifteen metal Beretta pistols, and I could replace them all with two or three of the new model.
    centurion slide, vertec frame, and g model?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I didn't "get" the Centurion concept either.

Until I shot one.
    Care to elaborate?

Site Supporter

New Wilson Beretta

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Certainly.

IMHO, the compact slide guns track really flat, without giving up any much in the way of practical accuracy compared to the full size guns. I think they really shine in the zone where defensive engagements typically occur, say 15 yards and in. This is probably the main reason I like them so much. I've shot better on drills like "the test" with a Centurion than anything else. At 25 and beyond, I can probably do a little better with a full size, but the compact and centurion still group quite well at the 50 yard line.

For me, the short slide guns are slightly more comfortable when carried AIWB. My full size AIWB holsters all have a little cant dialed in for comfort, but the compact slides I can carry "straight up" which I think makes for a slightly more direct draw stroke, and comfort is less dependent on holster position. I also think the full size grip is an advantage when it comes to a rapid presentation, and for maintaining a firm grip during rapid fire.

In terms of concealment, a full size Beretta still has a relatively short grip compared to other choices such as the P30, P226, G17, etc, so for AIWB, I usually don't feel the need to switch to a compact to keep the grip hidden. For conventional OWB, the compact frame probably has more of an advantage, though.

Hope this helps explain my opinion. I was much more of a "short grip, long slide" advocate, until I got my hands on a Compact and later, a Centurion.
    Last edited by Dave J; 09-15-2017 at 07:30 PM.

It is amazing is how far BerettaUSA has come in just a few years, in making handguns that meet the needs of enthusiasts. I can remember, not that long ago, when a Beretta handgun was as cool as your grandfather's old Buick. Now, they are cranking out very interesting, high quality pistols. Since we know success has many parents, consider:
    They may have come back a bit, but I still think they're a ways off from where the were 15 or so years ago, at least with regards to the 92 pistols. It was more diverse when they had Elite 2s, Elite E1As, Vertecs, GSDs, Steel 1s, Compacts, Centurions, Combats, etc.

Can't wait for the this to drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List