Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woods Gun

Site Supporter
    Maybe a drilling of some sort--a 12 gauge paired with a 22LR. For a pistol, I'd take my G17 Gen4.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I'm with Doc.

My go to for leaving the yard is my .357 lever gun.....
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 09-16-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I'm with Doc.

My go to for leaving the yard is my .357 lever gun.....
    Especially if you get the Taylor & Co 1892 takedown in brushed hard chrome. I'm telling you...shoot low end .38's and get powder puff loads with great penetration and accuracy, midrange 125 grain SJHP's become AK ammo out of a 16" or 20" barrel (125 gr at 2300 fps), or go up to 180 or 200 grain hardcast bullets and zap brown bears or medium game, and any/all humanoids, even under light cover. It's versatile. When you go to town, take it down, stow it in your pack. And if you're dead-set against the .357 version, get the .44 Mag and do the same thing with specials, but get 60% higher octane, and step into zapping lower end large game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Found the trail I want to hike: the Idaho Centennial Trail. 900 miles from Nevada to Canada. Sort of like the PCT or AT. Take me a bit longer than a month though.

You know what would be fun? A Mauser M85 in 7.62x39, but I haven't seen a left handed one on the market for a LONG time.
    That makes it easier -- 900 miles in lower 48, just my handgun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That makes it easier -- 900 miles in lower 48, just my handgun.
    Still G17 or would you up caliber since no rifle?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Still G17 or would you up caliber since no rifle?
    Not sure, although in any event I would bring along some Underwood, or if not that, at least some Speer Lawman TMJ in a spare magazine for critters.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure, although in any event I would bring along some Underwood, or if not that, at least some Speer Lawman TMJ in a spare magazine for critters.
    +1 re Lawman.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Handgun: Glock 40 with Underwood Xtreme Penetrator ammo.
    Long gun: Beretta 1301 Tac full of slugs or a lever action 45-70 - an Aimpoint T-2 would be on the long gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Found the trail I want to hike: the Idaho Centennial Trail. 900 miles from Nevada to Canada.
    I did not check the map and article I posted previously. But, that trail might go through grizzly country on the northern end of the route.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I did not check the map and article I posted previously. But, that trail might go through grizzly country on the northern end of the route.
    http://idahocentennialtrail.org/

User Tag List