Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .22 long match grade ammo...is it worth the way more price.

I think I have a carton of that Polish .22 short.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Another one worth trying is Norma TAC-22. It is a 40-grain round nose loading. The lube is oily, so it is not the best for things like the Ultimate Cliploader, but it shoots well in just about any decent .22 I have tried. It was one I tried when any .22 at less than $60 a brick was a good deal. It is loaded a little hotter than I like (1100 fps is the claim), but it is consistent. I do not remember having any duds. MidwayUSA has it on sale now for $45 a brick. Makes me miss the days of buying DynaPoint for $10 a brick when K-Mart stopped selling ammo.

Today I shot a box of an older loading (before Federal Premium) Federal Champion in a Volquartsen bull-barreled Ruger MK III Target topped with an Aimpoint Pro. My target was a 12-ounce coffee can, and the distance was just under 100'. My goal with those kind of targets is to keep the target moving from bullet impacts until the gun runs dry. I am looking for a good combination of shooting speed and hitting a target whose movement is somewhat unpredictable. It is good practice for small-game season. Standard velocity ammo also ruins a lot less meat than high-velocity or the hyper-velocity stuff.
    Last edited by farscott; 09-16-2017 at 06:39 PM.

User Tag List