Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Colt 1911's are made

This thread kind of makes me lust for a railed version of those steel kayak anchors. Plus it would be a Colt that the wife actually knows about and I would feel less guilty.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I guarantee you'll never see a video like that of Taurus 1911's being made.
    Taurus guy: "No here we have our QC control station, where all Taurus firearms are checked before leaving the factory."
    Film maker: "Uh, where? All I see is a monkey wearing a lab coat."
    Taurus guy: "Yes, that's Mr. Bobo our Director of QC."
    Film maker: "Uh. How does that work?"
    Taurus guy: "Well, Mr. Bobo likes to throw his poo, so we know if he throws a gun he thinks it's poo, so we don't ship it."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Actually, there is quite a bit of machining done to the polymer frame once it's molded. The molding process itself is actually also somewhat complex as metal infrastructure has to be aligned properly, etc.
    Plus, the frames are freed from the mold with loving, white-gloved Teutonic care.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Pennzoil, thanks for posting that. Very interesting!

Tamara, don't forget, the atmosphere is also ISO 9000 compliant and piped straight from the Alps while "Edelweiss" is sung by Austrian virgins in handmade dirndl dresses at the graduation ceremony.

A guy I've know for some time in an unrelated industry told me last year that he previously worked at Colt. On Friday afternoons, they would have a competition to see who could make the smoothest, most accurate 1911. Long story short, the resulting hand-fit guns with lapped actions and other pro-shop+ treatments were tossed into a box with the rest of the production run, and some lucky buyers were treated to special treats.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Taurus guy: "No here we have our QC control station, where all Taurus firearms are checked before leaving the factory."
    Film maker: "Uh, where? All I see is a monkey wearing a lab coat."
    Taurus guy: "Yes, that's Mr. Bobo our Director of QC."
    Film maker: "Uh. How does that work?"
    Taurus guy: "Well, Mr. Bobo likes to throw his poo, so we know if he throws a gun he thinks it's poo, so we don't ship it."
    funnily enough, via thefirearmblog - a factory tour for the good people of the Taurus forum.
    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/ta...tory-tour.html

Honestly did not know there was a Taurus forum, but then, I don't see how they manage to sell guns the way they do either.
    Last edited by JV_; 01-16-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: fixed the url
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

User Tag List