Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P30l vs P30sk

Thanks for all the quick replies. I am new to this forum and just found the Todd Green 2k round test journal. It looks like the P30 does very well in most of the tests.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    Thanks for all the quick replies. I am new to this forum and just found the Todd Green 2k round test journal. It looks like the P30 does very well in most of the tests.
    On at least two occasions Todd told me straight up he thought the P30 was probably the no-kidding best choice in a mass production pistol on the market and I should quit dithering between the M&P and Glock and buy the P30. Both were after he'd stopped his P30 test and was on to something else. Pretty sure @Mjolnir was there for one of those.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    If money permitted I would consider trying a V1 P30L and P30Sk as a carry combo. Since it does not I have to live through you guys.

So a P30L is comparable in size to a G17 or P226?

I've got one P30L currently but am about to order a second...CDNN has long slide V3s for $799. HK's mag promotion runs until the end of the month so you get 4 free mags + the 2 with the gun. Heck of a deal on what's usually a $950-$1,000+ gun.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by BCL View Post
    For the V3, install the nickel plated sear spring, the light firing pin block spring (209296 IIRC), and a Wolff 12lb hammer spring. It drops the DA pull from about 10-11lbs to about 8.5 and significantly smooths out the DA pull. I like the DA pull better with this setup than the DA pull on the match trigger for USPs. SA is right around 4.5lbs.

Haven't messed with the LEM P30s, but I imagine that adding the nickel plated sear spring and light firing pin block spring would be as close to the match hybrid LEM that you can go without custom work.

All depends on what type of LEM you like, some people like a stronger reset, some don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for those numbers, BCL. I've been contemplating a V3 but haven't been sure if I wanna price in sending to Lazy Wolf. I can live with those pulls, especially considering dry practice for extra wear in.

As to your guesstimate on the effects on the LEM, I'd say they are accurate. If I recall, my current P30 has the nickel flat spring, reduced hammer, light FPB, heavy TRS. I'm not absolutely sure I have the light FPB, the rest is def right.

It is beautiful, feels like a PPQ trigger with longer reset. 100% reliable in 3 classes and easily 8k.

I've really been thinking about an L recently... Gotta sell a SIG or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I've got one P30L currently but am about to order a second...CDNN has long slide V3s for $799. HK's mag promotion runs until the end of the month so you get 4 free mags + the 2 with the gun. Heck of a deal on what's usually a $950-$1,000+ gun.
    And, there is a place selling a bunch of the same gun in .40 on Gunbroker for $575.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    And, there is a place selling a bunch of the same gun in .40 on Gunbroker for $575.
    If I shot fo-tay I'd probably already own one. They are an absolute steal at that price point.
    Shoot more, post less...

I really like my P30L. I ran USPSA and IDPA with it for about a year. Spectacular accuracy. Admittedly, I did have some jams with it in the first couple 100 rounds. The recoil spring is stiff, so if you're not using stout ammo, it may need a little break in. No issues whatsoever thereafter.

I got the P30L to be like a 9mm version of my HK 45's.
    The P30L feels better in my hands and is just as accurate as the 45.
    Both are reliable and near bomb proof .. stole that line from Larry Vickers.
    Also have a p30 but.... like the longer sight radius of the L.
    The DA/SA took some time to get use to.... but now I prefer it for carry ... 25 yard shoots in DA are not that hard if you put in the time.
    I have large hands so the L fits me better than the P30.
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 09-13-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Todd is the reason my very first firearm was a P30. I'd done a lot of "research" (I'll call it that, but when you're so new you're like James May looking down the barrel of a shotgun, well you know) and his test put me over the top for the decision. I've never regretted it; heck I bought 2 more (another P30 and a P30L.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List