Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: P30l vs P30sk

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Is there a description of these somewhere?

(I, uh, am, uh, asking for a friend, yeah, that's it...)
    Nickel flat sear spring, light firing pin block spring and a Wolf 12 lb. (I think) hammer spring. If I am not mistaken.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 09-21-2017 at 08:15 PM.

I thought it was a 12# Wolff spring but I could be mistaken.
    Shoot more, post less...

I think you're right. 10 lb. seems to light for positive ignition on hard primers. I will correct my post. Thanks

Nickel-plated sear spring, light firing pin block spring (209296), 12lb Wolff hammer spring.

FWIW, I can't tell a big DA Pull difference between this set up and a fully Cajunized SP01, as far as smoothness goes; weight is about a pound and a half different. I'm not the most sensitive to trigger pull differences though, so YMMV.

Hammertime
    Have been attempting to tune up the P30l a bit here are some numbers:

All stock trigger 9/4.5.Not bad!

Modded trigger: light FPBS, Nickel plated sear spring,
    -stock spring: 8/3.5
    -10#: 7.25/3.25
    -11#: 7.75/3.25
    -12#: 7.9/3.4

I am running the 12# for now as the slight reduction of the other main springs does not seem worth the possible misfires. Most of the benefit seemed to come from the firing pin block spring swap, and I would be very happy with the stock main spring.

It came from the factory with a light trigger return spring. I made the mistake of removing it and could not reinstall without the TRS tool from HK parts.net. That tool was worth every cent of $14. Makes TRS swapping a 10 second job.

All in all I see no issues with just running the thing completely stock, but I like to tinker...

I've been running my P30L for the past year or so set up with the "enhanced" fpbs from HKparts, (even lighter than the factory light spring), oem light trs and a 10lb. hammer spring. Have not had a light primer strike yet. I typically shoot whatever range ammo is available in the federal, american eagle, blazer brass type category, but not wolf or other non-brass cased stuff. As noted above, the Fpbs spring change does make the most difference, it eliminates a lot of trigger stack from both the DA and SA pulls and really cleans up the SA break.

The gun is a very smooth shooter in operation and the trigger really rolls with this spring arrangement. If only HK or someone aftermarket would just make us an all metal trigger shoe for the P series, the trigger feel would be enhanced overnight with (in theory) no negative side effects. The OEM polymer trigger has flex in it that makes the pull feel mushier than it really is.

My only real complaint is the shape of the large backstrap. Granted, hand sizes and shapes vary IMMENSELY, but I found the large gave me the trigger reach I needed to operate the trigger efficiently, but placed a big old hump in all the wrong places in the palm of my hand. My solution was re-contouring the backstrap with the dremel and giving the gun a stipple-tickle (trademarked).

Lately, she sits in the safe mostly while the pasta-blasters get the attention, but every couple days I pull it out and dry fire it a few times and am reminded that the trigger is every bit as shootable and pleasant as my tuned Brig Tac.

500 through my 30L so far. Think I’m gonna buy a case or two of NATO ammo to put through it next. It hasn’t had a malfunction with cheap 115gr. range ammo, but the ejection is weak and I can tell the gun wants/needs NATO ammo.

Have the HK Parts enhanced FPBS, 12# hammer spring and nickel plated sear spring on order. Am also ordering Trijicon HD XRs soon. I like my 30L over the standard size P30. Not as snappy, easier to track the sights. I think the “L” length is what the P30 should have been standard.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List