Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I don't plan on dumping my 7 anytime soon. I try to stay a year behind the new phones to get them cheaper. That being said, I run just all of Googles apps on my iPhone. I'm starting to think a lot about a Pixel being my next phone. I don't really need bells and whistles just something that works. To bad Glock doesn't make phones.

Funny enough when I first bought the Pixel I called it the Glock of android phones.

Not the fastest, doesn't have the most storage space, missing some simple features (like wireless charging and IP68 waterproofing - both of which are standard on the equivalent samsung) and yet its fast as hell right out of the box and suffers no issues which the samsung does. I am sure the Pixel 2 will be just as good.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    IP68 has saved me with young children
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I dropped my iphone 7 in the kid's bubble bath. no problems.

The best thing apple does is make devices that integrate perfectly and seamlessly with each other. It's so easy to buy phone and network hardware and have it essentially be plug-and-play. Then, by the time you end up with an apple computer/laptop, ipad, iphone, and watch (and possibly multiples of each in the household), there is little desire to move away from the "platform".
    Last edited by theJanitor; 09-12-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    IP68 has saved me with young children
    yeah, I work outside (obviously) and whenever it rains I have to hide my phone in my vest so it doesn't get bricked from water. Hopefully the Pixel 2 will be waterproof/resistant.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I dropped my iphone 7 in the kid's bubble bath. no problems.

The best thing apple does is make devices that integrate perfectly and seamlessly with each other. It's so easy to buy phone and network hardware and have it essentially be plug-and-play. Then, by the time you end up with an apple computer/laptop, ipad, iphone, and watch (and possibly multiples of each in the household), there is little desire to move away from the "platform".

Exactly how I feel, I finally tried out the 7+ after the Samsung fiasco with the Note 7. I do run all my google apps on my iphone which work seamlessly IMO.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

iOS is still the most reliable mobile OS on the market along with the most reliable of consumer-grade phones out there. iPhones are the Glocks/mil-spec 1911s of the phone world.

Six - SIX - Android phones, three Motorolas, two Nokias, and a Samsung - That's how many android phones my wife went through, before I finally - finally - convinced her to switch to an iPhone. The biggest issue was updates that would brick the phone (all makes), followed by poor battery life (Motorolas), and manufacturer dropping support for the phone (HTCs). It's been two years since I tossed that last piece of hot garbage (Samsung) in the trash. My wife hasn't had a single cell-phone related issue since.

I've been using iPhones for nearly a decade now, after replacing two Samsung Android phones, which were pieces of trash too. Currently on my 5th iPhone and the only reason is because of upgrades every 2-years.

I don't care if Apple doesn't have the latest and greatest set of features relative to Android. If I'd ever had or seen an Android phone that was as reliable as a comparable iPhone, I might care. But the short reality is, Apple has better quality control on hardware than 99% of android phone makers, and vastly better QC on software than Google does. Apple could literally make iPhones out of piles of shit and I'd be more tempted to buy one than any Android device.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-12-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The X is sort of a "special" anniversary thing. The iPhone 8 and 8plus (also released today) are less expensive.
    With even fewer features than the X model......

It actually looks like the new iPhone have fast charging abilities - something they failed to mention during the live event. But there is a catch. It's going to cost you at least $75 more for the hardware to do it! Talk about a kick to the nuts after you just shelled out between $999 and $1149 for the phone. No wonder they didn't mention it during the event!

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/12...8-fast-charge/
    Last edited by ImNobody; 09-12-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    This.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    And it continues the proud tradition of anniversary macs...
    I still have my TAM and occasionally use it as a bookshelf stereo.

whiteandnerdy.mp3
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List