Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K will no longer sell arms to several nations

So does that mean more for the rest of us, or is the EU going to figure out ways to ban sales to anyone for some odd reason?

HK who is supposedly already on financial hard times can't/won't (I'm guessing this is idiotic government intervention) sell to countries meaning less inventory movement and $$ made. Simultaneously sets up a fund for victims of whatever and expects to keep doors open?? Maybe the Germans and the EU are doubling down on the cultural suicide and now inducing corporate suicide as well.

What happens if the US says: HK = antisemite and no more DOD purchase?

Does the Bundeswehr buy enough HK product to keep it alive?

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    So does that mean more for the rest of us, or is the EU going to figure out ways to ban sales to anyone for some odd reason?

HK who is supposedly already on financial hard times can't/won't (I'm guessing this is idiotic government intervention) sell to countries meaning less inventory movement and $$ made. Simultaneously sets up a fund for victims of whatever and expects to keep doors open?? Maybe the Germans and the EU are doubling down on the cultural suicide and now inducing corporate suicide as well.

What happens if the US says: HK = antisemite and no more DOD purchase?

Does the Bundeswehr buy enough HK product to keep it alive?
    My interpretation, based on reading the finance reports, seeing the political moves, the HK press releases, and hearing via the rumor mill - is that HK - GMBH - will probably exist solely as a design/engineering subsidiary of HK Corp. which will be incorporated in the USA within the next 15 years. The German government has been sufficiently antagonistic to HK that it appears HK leadership is already moving certain key facets of production and corporate management to the US. If the line continues, they'll probably continue this kind of movement.

I don't think Heckler and Koch is in danger of going anywhere, but HK GMBH may very well disappear under a mountain of financial woes and German governmental interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My interpretation, based on reading the finance reports, seeing the political moves, the HK press releases, and hearing via the rumor mill - is that HK - GMBH - will probably exist solely as a design/engineering subsidiary of HK Corp. which will be incorporated in the USA within the next 15 years. The German government has been sufficiently antagonistic to HK that it appears HK leadership is already moving certain key facets of production and corporate management to the US. If the line continues, they'll probably continue this kind of movement.

I don't think Heckler and Koch is in danger of going anywhere, but HK GMBH may very well disappear under a mountain of financial woes and German governmental interaction.

It was explained to me by an executive at another company , and this is out of my lane so if anyone understands better I would appreciate the info, that technology transfer control stops HK USA setting up a factory in the US and using that to produce existing designs and avoid Mutti Merkels control.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    It was explained to me by an executive at another company , and this is out of my lane so if anyone understands better I would appreciate the info, that technology transfer control stops HK USA setting up a factory in the US and using that to produce existing designs and avoid Mutti Merkels control.
    They can't sell intellectual property rights? Is there a German law to stop that?

Site Supporter
    I suspect that the so called Palestinian question is much of the impetus driving HK's decision, and like many here, I'm convinced Germany's policy makers have their heads up.....When I reflect on Jewish persecution during the 20th Century, I think that no other country(especially Germany)can justify telling the Israelis what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    They can't sell intellectual property rights? Is there a German law to stop that?
    They might not be able to...as long as the company is still operating in Germany. But if it "goes under"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I think its not an intellectual property rights thing and more a "military" technology transfer issue.

Just like your laws prevent me just going to the US and engaging in certain training without permits. I am not leaving with anything physical, but theres still limits.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Ease up on the "Germany r teh Nazis again" stuff. It's unwarranted and shrill.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I think its not an intellectual property rights thing and more a "military" technology transfer issue.

Just like your laws prevent me just going to the US and engaging in certain training without permits. I am not leaving with anything physical, but theres still limits.
    So basically ITAR issue? If that is the case I get it. Makes sense that you wouldn't just want anything walking out the front door, services/training or goods.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Ease up on the "Germany r teh Nazis again" stuff. It's unwarranted and shrill.
    Modern day Germany is not Nazi. It is however leftist and leftism often leads to anti Israel sentiment and hate.

So we should applaud Germany for overcoming their past but be concerned by their future.

Needles to say, there are many great individual Germans.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 09-21-2017 at 07:31 AM.

User Tag List