Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for CPAP Users

Site Supporter
    Interesting thread. Good feedback. I just stopped using it for a few days when traveling without 120.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    tagged for later
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I picked up a Goal Zero Yeti when either Amazon or Cabelas (CRS?) had them on sale and ran the CPAP and a fan one night when the power went out and the readout said it drained one bar maybe twenty percent FWIW.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

This is what you need to look for on your device. Its the power info.

Name:  0912171247.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  50.0 KB

The device shows 6VDC, the power source (power cord, with the plug prongs on the back of the black box thing) shows Input 120V AC Output 6V DC. Many people assume that because it plugs into 120v houshold current, thats what actually powers the unit, but that is most often not the case, its transformed from AC to DC and dropped in voltage. Add an inverter to make 12V DC into 120 V AC, then transform it to DC again, and youve added intermediate steps that are not required and eat power to do so, and spent money on parts not required.

This is what I use when driving, no inverter required, because the device is 12v or less. The widget adjusts output in voltage from 12V DC input (car cigarette lighter type plug/power port) to the common steps below 12V DC. It also has a selection of tips to fit various devices. Its costs just under $20. Add a cheapo cigarette lighter type plug clipped to a 12V car, motorcycle, boat or whatever battery, and you have power available for your device IF its 12V DC or below actual usage.

Name:  0912171249.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  65.5 KB
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-12-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I picked up a Goal Zero Yeti when either Amazon or Cabelas (CRS?) had them on sale and ran the CPAP and a fan one night when the power went out and the readout said it drained one bar maybe twenty percent FWIW.
    I had jury rigged something together with inverters and deep cycle batteries and chargers, and then just bought the yeti 400. I leave it between my cpap and the wall outlet. Works great, more portable and i can solar charge (as soon as I get some extention cords).

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Thanatos View Post
    I had jury rigged something together with inverters and deep cycle batteries and chargers, and then just bought the yeti 400. I leave it between my cpap and the wall outlet. Works great, more portable and i can solar charge (as soon as I get some extention cords).
    So do you run the CPAP off the AC outlet or the DC outlet?

david

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by da6dspanburg View Post
    So do you run the CPAP off the AC outlet or the DC outlet?

david
    I use the AC outlet, only because the DC cord lives in my car so I can sleep on car trips. If I got concerned about a long power outage, I'd probably switch over to the DC cable.

Found this thing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YP823NA...ing=UTF8&psc=1 in a reference on another forum. Ordered it this morning and will begin tests as soon as it arrives.

Thanks to all who weighed in.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken, there are CPAPs designed specifically to be mobile. I can only assume it's not cheap.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable in the area, but I've been using a hand-me-down CPAP for years.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Found this thing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YP823NA...ing=UTF8&psc=1 in a reference on another forum. Ordered it this morning and will begin tests as soon as it arrives.

Thanks to all who weighed in.

Okie John
    Thus far this unit is a NO GO, as I can't get their right adapter to make it work with my Resmed AirSense 10. I called Resmed and they told me to use a deep-cycle battery with a 12v adapter, so I'm trying that now.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List