Thread: Anyone have a Chiappa Rhino 9mm?

Anyone have a Chiappa Rhino 9mm?

I'm not really a big revolver guy but the Rhino is interesting in a purely range toy joy of shooting kind of way and the thought of having a revolver in 9mm is very appealing to me... so I'm wondering if anyone here has one and if you do what do you think? I can't find any reviews of the gun specifically in 9mm and most of the other reviews I can find are from sources I don't really trust.

I'm not looking it for anything serious just something to take shooting when I go to the range on those days when I just want to have fun.

I'd save a few bucks and get the more field proven Ruger LCR in 9mm. 9mm revolvers don't fly off the shelves...because most people that have them find that they're kind of a pain in the ass. Moon clips aren't always fun. They're sharp and often finicky, and they wear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should clarify that I'm looking at the 4-5" barrel version not the 2" snubie.

They look like Rube Goldberg designed them if you peek under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    They look like Rube Goldberg designed them if you peek under the hood.
    So do most Italian machines. Ha. honestly it doesn't seem that much more complicated than any other revolver internals.

I've shot a .357 version once. The trigger was really heavy and difficult to shoot - and that was a lighter competition trigger, not the stock one.

They are a neat idea, but for me the trigger ruins it.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

On the .357 at the shop I worked at, if the cylinder face became dirty (200-400 rounds) it would begin binding. It was almost as temperamental as the .50 Desert Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    On the .357 at the shop I worked at, if the cylinder face became dirty (200-400 rounds) it would begin binding. It was almost as temperamental as the .50 Desert Eagle.

Well that blows. Bummer. Guess I saved $800.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 09-12-2017 at 01:12 PM.

User Tag List