Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Performance Center 642

Not sure what they are asking for this PC 642 but a 642-1 (no lock) with an Apex kit is pretty sweet in my opinion. Got my 642-1 on GB for about $310. Apex kit is $26. I have no need for moon clips as they are too bulky for carry for me.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Picked one up and sent it right out for an XS front sight.
    Name:  tapatalk_1504546500231.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  tapatalk_1504546491510.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  63.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Not sure what they are asking for this PC 642 but a 642-1 (no lock) with an Apex kit is pretty sweet in my opinion. Got my 642-1 on GB for about $310. Apex kit is $26. I have no need for moon clips as they are too bulky for carry for me.
    The end product is likely equivalent, but I think the difference is the unmodified factory gun for legal reasons, and the polishing/snowflake qualities of performance center.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
    Name:  tapatalk_1504546491510.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  63.4 KB
    Beautiful. Where did you get the sight work done?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Can you elaborate on "stop accepting rounds?" Do you mean they got bent out of shape?
    No, that's the odd thing. They did not get bent. They would accept 4 rounds and then the 5th just would not go in, using an appropriate tool. I don't think that the extractor groove (or whatever that part is) on a revolver casing are kept to the same specs as they are on autopistol rounds that rely on it for extraction. Sometimes rounds from a new box of Gold Dot just would not work with clips that previously worked with Gold Dot. It got to be too much of a hassle so I stopped using them.
    Adam

Sight work by Cylinder and Slide.
    Last edited by Matt C.; 09-11-2017 at 12:29 PM.

I handled a couple at the NRA show back in April. I thought the action was pretty nice on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
    Sight work by Cylinder and Slide.
    Much cleaner job that I got on mine... They created a nubbin out of the ramp and then glued the big dot on. Probably a little cheaper but not nearly as nice to look at.
    Last edited by tanner; 09-11-2017 at 02:07 PM.

My Performance Center J-Snub started life as a 642, but was re-named M460, during the era when every variant seemed to gets its own model designation. (Yes, "460" was re-used for a later X-Frame.) The way I understand it, plenty of early 642 samples were rejected as cosmetically defective, due to the aluminum frame being too different from the stainless parts, so were re-finished and given action jobs. The 042 was given a blue-colored finish, and the M460 a matte black finish and Mag-na-porting.

User Tag List