Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Performance Center 642

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    No experience with the trigger is one of the things keeping me from ordering one blind. I have experience with the 637 Wyatt Gunsmoke PC model, and the trigger on there while improved is still not anywhere near my 65-3 which for better or worse is my baseline "good" revolver trigger. It also isn't nearly as nice as the new Colt Cobra. My current 642 has Wolff springs but is otherwise the worst of the group. What I'd love to know is if this 642 PC is better or worse than any of the guns I've described.
    You shouldn't compare coil spring J-frames to leaf spring k-frames. Totally different system and geometry.

The best J-frame triggers I've experienced came from a lot of trigger-pulls and lighter trigger return springs. They're still not as good as well-broken-in K/L/N revolvers.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    No experience with the trigger is one of the things keeping me from ordering one blind. What I'd love to know is if this 642 PC is better or worse than any of the guns I've described.
    My 642 pc (the one in the OP) measures at 10lbs 10oz. My 340M&P with apex kit is 10lbs 5oz.
    Adam

I've owned several 642's and could never shoot them worth a crap, so I always ended up getting rid of them. I bought the exact gun in the OP and I can finally hit things due to the better trigger, so this gun isn't going anywhere and may end up with a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
    Picked one up and sent it right out for an XS front sight.
    Attachment 19862
    OK Matt, I love the look of this but how is the POA/POI once you had this done? Curious if it became better with the different front site or not? Also, do you have to lollipop the front site or place the dot over your target? Looking to get this done to mine now That I saw yours done.. Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    OK Matt, I love the look of this but how is the POA/POI once you had this done? Curious if it became better with the different front site or not? Also, do you have to lollipop the front site or place the dot over your target? Looking to get this done to mine now That I saw yours done.. Thanks..
    Center of dot is POI out to about 50ft. with Buffalo Bore standard pressure 158gr.
    XS says to use top of sight at 25 yds. But I've yet to confirm that.
    (Cylinder and Slide is now doing all of Bowen's J frame sight work, so I trusted them to get it right).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

User Tag List