Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance Center 642

Performance Center 642

Anyone notice S&W is making this? https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-642-0

Performance Center, tuned action, cut for moon clips, and NO LOCK. I have been wanting this to be made for years.

Last edited by ScotchMan; 09-11-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Sweet... I have the 442 Performance Center Pro Series, which has the moonclips and no lock, but not the tuned action.

I just wish it had a different/swappable front sight... like the 351C.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 09-11-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Yeah this with a pinned site would really be the ideal J. As is I can't see not getting one of these, as far as I'm aware they haven't existed in at least the last decade (full performance center and no lock). Closest I'm aware of is the 637 Wyatt Gunsmoke, which has a lock.

Site Supporter
    Why can't they make a 642 with pinned front sight?

Totally agree that this would be my next round gun purchase if it had a pinned FS. Maybe they could make one with the barrel/shroud from the 340?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Why can't they make a 642 with pinned front sight?
    I think the question is more why "won't" they?

I've settled on the answer: So I won't have to buy another. Guess the paint job will have to suffice )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I have two of those. Both have a nice smooth action though not as light as my 340M&P with the Apex kit in it. One of them had to go back for a clocked barrel but they both now shoot closer to a typical POA/POI than my 340M&P. Painted the front sight orange over white, and the rear sight lime green.

I messed around with the moonclips for a bit. But after a few uses they would stop accepting rounds so I went back to comp 1s.
    Last edited by APS-PF; 09-11-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think the question is more why "won't" they?

I've settled on the answer: So I won't have to buy another. Guess the paint job will have to suffice )
    Genius! A perfect explanation of why Glock won't mate their Gen4 M29 & 30 frames with the 30S slide to come up with a Gen4 30S! Hurcule Poirot's "little grey cells" ain't got nothin' on yours Mon Ami!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Genius! A perfect explanation of why Glock won't mate their Gen4 M29 & 30 frames with the 30S slide to come up with a Gen4 30S! Hurcule Poirot's "little grey cells" ain't got nothin' on yours Mon Ami!
    merci, mon frère...(i think)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    I have two of those. Both have a nice smooth action though not as light as my 340M&P with the Apex kit in it. One of them had to go back for a clocked barrel but they both now shoot closer to a typical POA/POI than my 340M&P. Painted the front sight orange over white, and the rear sight lime green.

I messed around with the moonclips for a bit. But after a few uses they would stop accepting rounds so I went back to comp 1s.
    Can you elaborate on "stop accepting rounds?" Do you mean they got bent out of shape?

User Tag List