Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What about triggers?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Again, browsing the thread, I have yet to find a way which it turns a good shoot into a bad shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you imagine that any shooting that you could possibly be involved in will readily and immediately apparent to be a good shoot? Do you imagine that will preclude a civil suit? Do you imagine that your good shoot couldn't be Zimmerman'd by politics?

Again, I'd actually read the thread, as I've no interest in rehashing the same lessons from the real world again.

I'll eat my shirt if you can find a crime lab that recommended criminal charges based on installing an OEM Glock (-) and polishing the trigger rather than being a self-defense situation.
    Crime labs don't file charges.

Anyways,I'm going to make the radical prediction that the people who've been to court will say the same things while the people with 3lb eBay Glock triggers will argue there's no explicit case law that exactly says using a Glock with an eBay sourced trigger kit is negligent -until someone gets insulted , the F-word gets dropped,and the thread is subsequently closed.

I could be wrong.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 09-11-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I have quite an imagination. Please, find me an example and be specific.

What about triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Crime labs don't file charges.
    Exactly. They are there to relay forensic evidence. Not determine if a shooting was justified or not.

Last edited by tylerw02; 09-11-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    This is an example of a response that doesn't rise to the level of discourse expected on PF.
    In other words, say something as if it's fact, sight no evidence that it has happened but say it could happen, therefore I'm right? Roger that.

You do the same

No need for hostility on this type of thread. It's arguing hypotheticals so mellowness should be the order of the day. Additionally we should remember this is a US forum, and each state, indeed local jurisdiction may approach this differently. Indeed, where I am at, the legal system is very lenient in favor of self defense. However ten miles south in Austin, and it might be considered it's own world.

Site Supporter
    Again, browsing the thread, I have yet to find a way which it turns a good shoot into a bad shoot. Especially with "tricking out an OEM trigger" as OP states. I'll eat my shirt if you can find a crime lab that recommended criminal charges based on installing an OEM Glock (-) and polishing the trigger rather than being a self-defense situation. If it makes it that far, it's been a questionable shoot in the first place.

From the criminal side, it may not matter. But keep in mind there may also be a civil suit, which has a much lower burden of proof, and the opposing side may try to portray the discharge as accidental, even if it wasn't. A "hair trigger" becomes a very real problem in that instance. There was a case awhile back involving an LEO with a Skimmer trigger, where the gun modification was definitely a factor in the outcome.

FWIW, I'd also agree that an OEM "-" connector and a little competent polishing isn't excessive. But, if I can shoot equally well using an OEM or "-"/NY1 configuration (i.e. what Glock recommends for duty use), why not just do that, and avoid a potential issue altogether?

Spin, while I agree with your sentiment, how will "bad modifications" determine justification for legal use of force?

Dunno. I'm neither a lawyer nor a politician. I just know that non-mil/non-LEO concealed carrying citizens will be put under a rather intense microscope in almost any remotely questionable shooting.

The further from "factory spec" you get, the more dubious your modifications are going to "look" to average Joe/Jane citizen that doesn't know their bum from a 9mm sized hole in a barrel's chamber.

If you're that worried about having your social life be put in jeopardy over hardware modifications made to your gun that happened to be used in a self-defense shooting, then perhaps the best course of action is to simply not make those modifications. I'd be willing to bet that the decisions made by both parties leading up to and during said lethal force encounter will be of far more consequence rather than the state of the tools used in said situation.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Dunno. I'm neither a lawyer nor a politician. I just know that non-mil/non-LEO concealed carrying citizens will be put under a rather intense microscope in almost any remotely questionable shooting.

The further from "factory spec" you get, the more dubious your modifications are going to "look" to average Joe/Jane citizen that doesn't know their bum from a 9mm sized hole in a barrel's chamber.

If you're that worried about having your social life be put in jeopardy over hardware modifications made to your gun that happened to be used in a self-defense shooting, then perhaps the best course of action is to simply not make those modifications. I'd be willing to bet that the decisions made by both parties leading up to and during said lethal force encounter will be of far more consequence rather than the state of the tools used in said situation.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    It also might be more of a factor of a CHLer vs. Jane Do in her own house. If Jane is carrying her USPSA limited optic space gun with .5 lb trigger and gets involved in a shoot in the street, that may perceived far differently than if she were using said firearm in her own house against an intruder.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 09-11-2017 at 10:51 AM.

User Tag List