Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Malkoff MDC Lights

For those who are interested, or looking to upgrade legacy surefire lights, Malkoff (I am not affiliated with the company in any way, but just picked up a couple of heads for my old Surefire 6Ps largely due to this thread) has their M61 heads marked down from $55 to $39 (boosts output from 65 to 325 lumens). If you sign up for their offers they'll email you a 15% off coupon. Free shipping on orders over $75.
    Last edited by Willard; 09-10-2017 at 11:09 PM.

I like the Malkoff, but recently have gone over to surefire for wml, and streamlight for handheld. Just can't beat the output and versatility of streamlight with their dual fuel, and they are very durable.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have the E2 head on my Surefire E2e. Agree it's a good one.
    blues - is this what you have on your E2E: E2 Super/Scout M600 2CR123 High Output Head?

Thanks,
    Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    blues - is this what you have on your E2E: E2 Super/Scout M600 2CR123 High Output Head?

Thanks,
    Pepper
    Pepper, that version wasn't available as I recall when I got mine.

Mine is the standard version with 325 out the front lumens. It's more than enough light for my purposes...(tactical or otherwise)...and gives excellent service with a rechargeable 16650 battery in place of the two CR123's I used to use in years past.

It's the same output as the M61 drop-in I use in the 6z.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by blues; 09-11-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's the same output as the M61 drop-in I use in the 6z.

Hope that helps.
    Got it! Thanks.

Double Post
    Last edited by Pepper; 09-11-2017 at 12:22 PM.

This thread prompted me to pick up my first Malkoff light... snagged an M61HOT MD2 with high/low to run on 18650's. Very much looking forward to it. Been carrying Foursevens lights a while now, and Surefire before that (in their incandescent days). The build quality and construction, as well as the two simple output options are what attracted me to this. I'll likely snag a Hound Dog head in the coming months to use on occasion as well.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Amazing what the M61 heads do for an old surefire 6P! It isn't really even the same light anymore. I'll be upgrading any stragglers around the place soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Amazing what the M61 heads do for an old surefire 6P! It isn't really even the same light anymore. I'll be upgrading any stragglers around the place soon.
    The real fun begins when you become familiar with and start using rechargeable cells. For example with your 6P host, one of these and two of these.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    The real fun begins when you become familiar with and start using rechargeable cells. For example with your 6P host, one of these and two of these.
    Or, alternatively, one of these batteries with a protection circuit.

Different options depending on one's usage and dedication to maintaining the batteries.
    Last edited by blues; 09-17-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List