Thread: Laser holding zero on pistol

Laser holding zero on pistol

I am interested in laser holding zero on a pistol whether a rail light with or without a flashlight with or without a remote or a grip light (Crimson Trace)
    Please list what you have how many rounds you have put through it while pistol mounted and experiences with holding zero, plus or negative, longevity etc etc.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I had CT grips on my 228/226 for years and never had zero issues as long as I kept the grips screws tight. Thousands of rounds through the guns while I had them. They were issued guns that i shot a lot. If I had to guess, I had 20k+ rounds through my 228/CT combo.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I had one one my duty M&P40 for several years and a few thousand rounds with no issues.

The X400/X400Us tend to hold zero decently, IME. Once they stop holding zero (which usually takes a year or two, IME), you can always just reapply Loctite/Vibra-tite to the zeroing screws or just request new zeroing screws from Surefire. I have been shooting my guns with the X400/X400U for many thousands rounds (>25k on two guns) and haven't had any regular egregious zero losses.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-10-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Does anyone have experience with the lasergrips on a Glock? Coincidentally the Gen 4 laser grips fit the Gen 5's.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I have not had a wandering zero on CT grips that clamp onto a flat surface on the gun like an M&P or S&W revolver. The one that clamps to the rounded trigger guard and rounded frame of an LCP would wander after a couple of mags from twisting the activation button with my grip.
    Last edited by APS-PF; 09-10-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the lasergrips on a Glock? Coincidentally the Gen 4 laser grips fit the Gen 5's.
    I played around with a CT on a G19. Didn't like it. Changed the grip too much. I also bought one of the Saber lasers from LaserMax for the G19. Didn't like it either. Put it on gripped the gun and took it off and sent it back.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    I have had CT grips on three pistols, a 1911, J frame, and all steel 226R (regret letting that one go). All of them have retained zero with no problems, though I always reconfirm zero after removing the grips to change batteries. I have never tried rail mounted lasers to compare.
    Polite Professional

User Tag List