Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone here use the Mantis X to refine your grip etc? Thoughts on it

Keep an eye out on eBay. That's where I picked mine up. So far so good. No issues.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Bump. Is this thing useful or not? If you've been using one how have you been using it and what are your results? Has anyone tried the baseplate adapter and worked one-shot draws with it? Or is it mostly just useful for low ready or bullseye mode only?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Bump. Is this thing useful or not? If you've been using one how have you been using it and what are your results? Has anyone tried the baseplate adapter and worked one-shot draws with it? Or is it mostly just useful for low ready or bullseye mode only?
    Personally...

Useful when one is a beginner starting out or a novice. Once you get to the intermediate and above levels, not much benefit. And their diagnostics is based on that "classical" diagnostic target - which I don't subscribe to...

One can achieve the same benefits by using more traditional dry practice methods, ie., "White Wall Drill" from Stoeger's books, etc.

I got one when it first came out. I was just started into firearms then. Albeit, the bugs (it was the early stages of the product), it was useful... But only for a few months. After which I switched to more traditional dry practice. It is now lying in one of my boxes for around a year and a half now.
    Last edited by rodralig; 10-25-2018 at 10:29 PM.

User Tag List