Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here use the Mantis X to refine your grip etc? Thoughts on it

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    45dotACP brought his MantisX computer to the range and let me evaluate it while shooting groups while back. I thought it was pretty cool, though some of the tracking info was a bit "too much".
    I assume its feedback matched your shot calling? How fine of feedback does it provide? One application I'm curious about is detecting how much deviation from the intended POI is due to sight alignment vs. minor grip/trigger issues. Did it seem sensitive/accurate enough to detect, say, when a shot would go into the 9 ring at 25 yards?

Knowing that the developers are committed to implementing real enhancements (and have actually done so) makes me a lot more interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    I assume its feedback matched your shot calling? How fine of feedback does it provide? One application I'm curious about is detecting how much deviation from the intended POI is due to sight alignment vs. minor grip/trigger issues. Did it seem sensitive/accurate enough to detect, say, when a shot would go into the 9 ring at 25 yards?

Knowing that the developers are committed to implementing real enhancements (and have actually done so) makes me a lot more interested in this.
    So for that, you're really looking at the trace data. It was almost too much information without really actionable material. E.g. After the shot, the trace doesn't matter ... It is everything before the shot that really matters. This data is almost too unspecific.

I'm curious what changes they've made and what I could learn about it again, tho. I think I'd like to take a second look.

My biggest issue is that I'm not sure where it would really fit in when learning to shoot groups: I.e. Assuming I wanted to shoot Bianchi Cup again, I'd need to understand how to fit the data into my training. If I can accomplish that by shooting 25 yard groups, dry fire, etc. I'm not sure where the output of this device would go when trying to figure things out...

Today was my seventh or eight time shooting ever, so I would probably still be considered a newbie. Due to not being able to make it to the range (work/OT), I ordered this a while back (and a cell phone) to see if it made a difference. I have not taken the MantisX to the range, nor have I used it by itself (use it in conjunction with a laser training device). I feel the MantisX made my trigger pulls more consistent, the laser gave me feedback on aiming/sights as well as pulling, etc, and EL's hammer, eliminated my hammer bite issues.
    First time to the range since May, and my groupings were markedly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    My biggest issue is that I'm not sure where it would really fit in when learning to shoot groups: I.e. Assuming I wanted to shoot Bianchi Cup again, I'd need to understand how to fit the data into my training. If I can accomplish that by shooting 25 yard groups, dry fire, etc. I'm not sure where the output of this device would go when trying to figure things out...
    Yeah, that really is the question...what does it tell you that the target and your sights do not. I'm curious enough to give it a shot, and the $20 off Cabelas coupon that just came in the mail doesn't hurt either. I'll report back in a few weeks.

Reviving an old thread. I just got one of these. I've only seen positive reviews, both from YouTube (I know, grain of salt) but also from some people here. I definitely need help, and for the cost of a couple hundred rounds of ammo and range time (ok, bit more, but not a lot), I thought I'd give it a try. I like that I can mount it to different railed pistols, as well as dry and live fire. And, way cheaper than Laserlyte or Sirt.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Yeah, that really is the question...what does it tell you that the target and your sights do not.
    That's kinda my issue. At some level a new shooter isn't good enough to read their sights after the shot.

I would think this paired with the LASR software and a SIRT might be better as all relevant data, other than recoil and what the shooter saw, is accounted for.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I have been working with one for about a month. Will post a review and my thoughts in a couple weeks after I get a chance to live-fire with it on.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Whatever happened? Most recent posters have not got back to us. Anyone else buy this device?

Site Supporter
    I just heard about it on a P&S Modcast, and am interested as well...

Recent short article on it in Feb 2018 NRA Rifleman magazine.

User Tag List