Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here use the Mantis X to refine your grip etc? Thoughts on it

Anyone here use the Mantis X to refine your grip etc? Thoughts on it

I was at the range yesterday with a friend of mine and he had this gizmo with him (actually a bunch of the guys at the
    steel plate practice I went to on friday night had it as well). It hooks up to an app on your phone and shows you movement while
    pulling the trigger. I found it interesting that it showed I was breaking my wrist or anticipating recoil and jerking the trigger
    ......but my shots weren't going low? so I may be doing some compensating sight alignments to stay on target.
    I'm going to go out again later on today and really focus on my trigger pull and grip with some real slow accuracy shooting at close range.
    Any of you guys/gals use this thing? thought on it?
    thanks
    Nick

I don't use one and have not but the most recent Pro Arms podcast had a piece on the Mantis X that was quite positive. Most of the reviews I have seen on You Tube or elsewhere have been positive.

There have been a few threads here in the past (even with some developer involvement, iirc) that'll come up if you search "mantis"
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I had some dialog with the developers of this unit and helped them to understand that future software upgrades should include real time "trace data"...the latest units...do!

My review is a year old.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

well I did go out again today and this thing actually gave me some good feedback. at 32 feet today using 124 grain on my 9L
    (I took off the red dot and just went with the iron sights). It was telling my I was anticipating recoil and breaking down.
    I am left handed , if you look closely you can see I have blacked out a couple of the earlier shots where I was actually doing this.
    (a couple of high flyers got away from me early on , too lazy to change the target.)
    this picture should be rotated to the left. With the suggested adjustments I was much much better groups. I'm off to the left a bit and high but I'm not used to the suppressor sights so I 'm feeling those out. I'm looking more for consistency in shot placement for now.
    Looks like I may have to buy one of these suckers
    Last edited by kmanick; 09-10-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    It's a pretty handy gizmo tbh. Especially if you need to correct some obvious trigger control issues. I'd suggest it. My only issue with mine is now I'm shooting a lot of guns without pic rails. Womp Womp.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    My only issue with mine is now I'm shooting a lot of guns without pic rails. Womp Womp.
    They sell a mag baseplate adapter.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Well then, gonna have to grab one of those. Thanks Drang!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Patrick's information is excellent, really.

Another interesting take on it is this guy JoeMustang99 on Youtube that has been using the MantisX to get some dry fire and live fire feedback.

I checked out 45dotACP's unit ... wait that didn't sound right...

I played with 45dotACP's mantis... wait that's not better...

45dotACP brought his MantisX computer to the range and let me evaluate it while shooting groups while back. I thought it was pretty cool, though some of the tracking info was a bit "too much".

Neat stuff, really...

User Tag List