Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: aiwb light bearing holster

I have an Armordillo Concealment LUX on the way. The built in wing thing seems like it will be a smaller profile than a wing/claw. I think I prefer the built in wedge over the foam wedge now.

CNC and Armordillo also have the Keroman holster. Some local guys I shoot with love it, but it's not made for the CZ so I went with the LUX.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I've been using a JMCK AIWB with my P229+XC1 since the start of the summer.

Even with just the XC1, it's on the verge of no-go for comfort and concealment. The fact that I'm putting a big rectangular brick in my pants keeps the loop/wedge from pulling the grip in as tight as it could without the light.

It still works, but I find myself wanting to reach more for my Kahr PM9 because of the size, weight, comfort and concealable factors all added up. I feel like it's in my way more than the P229 without a light.

Also, I don't like the retention I have with any of the kydex holsters I use for this combo. There simply aren't any features for the kydex to really grab on. JDD has noticed the same thing running the same combo. Me, I'm going back to leather for this application.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-10-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

received my jm light bearing aiwb holster today. So far I am really impressed with how much comfort I am getting.. really didn't know what to expect but it wasn't how easy it is to hide or carry. Only think I am having right now is the screw from the tlr 1 that protrudes on the right side of the pistol is dragging on the holster during the draw and re-holster. I have a hunch this will wear in with repetitions.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    received my jm light bearing aiwb holster today. So far I am really impressed with how much comfort I am getting.. really didn't know what to expect but it wasn't how easy it is to hide or carry. Only think I am having right now is the screw from the tlr 1 that protrudes on the right side of the pistol is dragging on the holster during the draw and re-holster. I have a hunch this will wear in with repetitions.
    breakingtim91, that is something I need to fix. Thought I checked it but if it is dragging that is no Bueno. Will send you a return label in the morning so we can get it fixed. Email me your order number please so we can take care of it, it will be a quick turnaround.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    breakingtim91, that is something I need to fix. Thought I checked it but if it is dragging that is no Bueno. Will send you a return label in the morning so we can get it fixed. Email me your order number please so we can take care of it, it will be a quick turnaround.

Thanks
    ok, email sent. No worries tony, its a great holster and worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    With the JMCK holster:
    Does Tony's website have enough pull down menus to spec a holster for an L, RMR, compensator, suppressor sights, X400, DG grip, extended magazine and magwell?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    ok, email sent. No worries tony, its a great holster and worth the wait.
    I just checked mine as I had never noticed anything other than the fact that the G17 requires a slight tug to release from the holster (which I prefer).

Looking inside the holster with a low powered flashlight I can see some light scratching from the end of the screw but it doesn't rise to the level of gouging nor do I see any kydex "dust" or displaced / removed material inside.

Tony, I don't feel that mine rises to the level of needing any alteration so no return label required. I am just commenting here since I had recommended the holster to Ryan and was never aware of the issue.
    Last edited by blues; 09-22-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Since early '14, I've been carrying a G19 with a X300 AIWB in an Armordillo Concealment X-Fer. The design, similar to Raven's VG3, indexes on the light and is specific to it rather to or on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    With the JMCK holster:
    JMCK?

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    JMCK?
    JM Custom Kydex

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List