Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aiwb light bearing holster

aiwb light bearing holster

Hello gents, looking to hear about light bearing aiwb holsters. Looking to get one for my g19 and tlr1, would prefer to have it be g17 length if possible and with a claw to tuck the grip in.

I did a brief write-up on a holster from Tony @ JMCK a while back...

I purchased based upon my prior experience with Tony's holsters as well as the recommendation of SLG.

To be honest, it probably won't get much carry as it's my nightstand rig...but I wanted a setup to accommodate it for those times I'd want (or need) to.
    Last edited by blues; 09-09-2017 at 08:35 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

TLR-1 is bulky. I'd consider one of the new Inforce lights. Less bulk AIWB is a good thing. I've got a light bearing holster for my PX4/Inforce APL and it can be uncomfortable at times. The light digs into my leg, and even if I scoot the holster to more of the 12/12:30 position, it's still noticeable. I think the Inforce APL-C would have been a better AIWB light choice as it's shorter than the slide, which helps when carrying AIWB.

I'm considering having a different holster made to accommodate the shorter light.
    Shoot more, post less...

While I think the thread is probably in the wrong section I'll give you some feedback.

A WML AIWB holster will prob be very body specific. With that being just get a JM and be done with it.

I have the holster Blues is talking about for a p30L with a x300u. Honestly it is the best concealing holster I have. I know it does not make sense but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    While I think the thread is probably in the wrong section I'll give you some feedback.

A WML AIWB holster will prob be very body specific. With that being just get a JM and be done with it.

I have the holster Blues is talking about for a p30L with a x300u. Honestly it is the best concealing holster I have. I know it does not make sense but it is what it is.
    Sorry if you think the thread is in the wrong one, didn't realize that would dictate if people answered Tom and staff I apologize if I put this in the wrong section.

Never seen an aiwb wml holster which works well. People wear those sidecar things and they aren't concealable or comfortable.

A true purpose built aiwb wml holster would be too big.

Any reason you can't use an owb? Like for winter?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sorry if you think the thread is in the wrong one, didn't realize that would dictate if people answered Tom and staff I apologize if I put this in the wrong section.
    https://pistol-forum.com/forumdispla...s-and-EDC-Gear

I use a custom JMCK for my P30LS with X400U, RMR, and HKParts Micro Comp. There is enough adjustment to also allow me to use the new X400UH, it appears.

Ryan, unfortunately SLG hasn't been around of late to post but back in February he posted this comment:

I'm 5'6", 150 and have been carrying my G17 with TLR2 HL G for the past week. Every bit as comfortable as my Inforce version before, which was just as good as the bare gun before that. Concealment is also the same. I have put just under 1,000 rounds through the combo this week, and will add to it next week. I shot it last night in dusk and full dark, and the 800 lumens and green laser seemed like alien technology compared to my older models. Very impressive to use. Next week I'll also get to do some Southnarc special testing on it.

The only thing that will detract a little is that I have to break in a 19m tomorrow as well. :-)

I'll talk to Tony this weekend and I imagine that by the end of next week, he may be ready to release the holster.
    Though everyone's mileage may vary, I think it best to get relevant info from those with experience versus those making an evaluation based upon conjecture. Even then, of course, your personal experience may differ for any number of reasons.

The holster he is referring to in the quoted text is the same as the one I wrote my small review on. I specifically asked Tony to build mine patterned on SLG's after having had some private discussion with him prior to placing the order.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'10, 175. So body type will be somewhat different than SLG but, like him, I found mine to be comfortable as well.
    Last edited by blues; 09-10-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It must be holster dependent because I tried this with a leather holster and a TLR4-G. I was warned it wouldn't work it was too big too much mass. it was uncomfortable as all get out. I never wore it except in the house. If you only want a light there is the Surefire XC1?
    Last edited by UNK; 09-10-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    It must be holster dependent because I tried this with a leather holster and a TLR4-G. I was warned it wouldn't work it was too big too much mass. it was uncomfortable as all get out. I never wore it except in the house. If you only want a light there is the Surefire XC1?
    I am leaning heavily towards the holster that Blues and SLG talked about, going to send Tom a email here in the next few days and see how much this would cost me.

User Tag List