Thread: Week 233: AMRAP Torture

Week 233: AMRAP Torture

Results may be posted until October 8th, 2017.

Designed by: joshs
    Range: 3 yards
    Target: 6 2" circles - download here - http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...in-circles.pdf
    Start Position: Holstered
    Rounds Fired: Varies

This is another AMRAP drill. "AMRAP" means As Many Rounds As Possible.

First, establish a baseline. Time yourself drawing and hitting each of the top three circles once. For the AMRAP par time, add one second then round up to the next highest half second. So e.g. if it took you 2.3 seconds to hit three circles, you'd add one second (3.3) then round up to 3.5 seconds total.

Next, using that par time, draw and hit as many of the circles as you can in the allotted time. Fire one round at each circle then transition to the next in order from 1 to 6. If you miss a dot, you can make it up (fire more rounds until you hit) before moving on to the next circle but you can only count one hit per dot no matter how many rounds you fired. If you hit number 6 and still have time left, take two-tenths off your PAR for remaining runs. After each run, check the target and the timer to make sure you know how many actual hits you scored within the time limit.

Starting position is holstered. Whether you use an open holster, retention holster, or concealed holster is up to you. Just be consistent and start the same way each time. If you cannot draw from a holster at your range, simply indicate what starting position you used.

You'll repeat the drill a total of ten times. With each repetition, try to push yourself a little bit harder to make just one more hit.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:
    Starting position (open, concealed, or retention)
    Number of shots fired and number of hits for each rep

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Concealed AIWB
    Starting par: 3.72 -> 5
    4.69 5 Hits
    4.92 3/5 Hits
    4.64 5 Hits, 6th at 5.05
    4.69 6 Hits, reduced par to 4.8
    4.49 5/6 Hits
    4.33 5/6 Hits
    4.75 5 Hits
    4.39 4/5 Hits, 6th at 4.85
    4.63 6 Hits, reduced par to 4.6
    4.31 5/6 Hits, 6th at 4.66

I had a lot of fun with this drill. I big problem I have shooting red dots is that I take too much time lining the dot up in the center of the window when I could break the shot earlier. This drill really helped me break that bad habit and trust the shot.
    Last edited by Xhado; 09-13-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Glock 19-5 Concealed AIWB
    Par time 5s (3.98s)
    6.52 c
    4.93 -1
    5.07 c (5/6 under par)
    4.92 -2
    5.02 -1 (4/6 under par)
    5.14 c (5/6 under par)
    4.79 c (par lowered to 4.8s)
    4.96 -2 (4/6 under par)
    7.77 -1 (stovepipe malfunction during this run)
    4.34 c

I hung my target vertically not horizontally so I was shooting two columns of 3 dots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 09-17-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Starting position: PX4CC, Mastermind Tactics Mnmlist AIWB, Concealed under a Tee shirt

I shot all 6 circles for each string and then looked at the timer to see how many hit I got. I figured it would be a value add to the drill. I also taped missed between runs.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 5.14.23 PM.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  8.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1404.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  37.5 KB

Mike
    Last edited by bigslim; 09-29-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Starting position: PX4CC, Mastermind Tactics Mnmlist AIWB, Concealed under a Tee shirt

I shot all 6 circles for each string and then looked at the timer to see how many hit I got. I figured it would be a value add to the drill. I also taped missed between runs.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.15.43 PM.png
Views: 172
Size:  9.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1429.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  48.2 KB
    Mike

User Tag List