Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EDC fixed blade - Clinch Pick vs Bastinelli PiKa?

Trained with Mark Human when Tom Sotis brought him to the USA. Great guy and instructor. Class was on knife and pistol.

If I remember correctly he said " of the last 300 gunfights my unit was involved in 290+ were inside 5 feet." In cardboard shacks etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Marshy, my handle oukaapie should be telling. Ek is n ou kaapie!

Find Mark Human in Cape Town or one of his instructors across SA.

http://multidimensionalwarrior.co.za/

I would put Mark up there with any blade trainer on the planet. He is extremely no nonsense and has a breadth of practical experience most other blade masters lack. His students see more shit than you could dream possible.

I've shown a couple of the PF group stuff I got from him and they all love it. PM me if you have questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Trained with Mark Human when Tom Sotis brought him to the USA. Great guy and instructor. Class was on knife and pistol.

If I remember correctly he said " of the last 300 gunfights my unit was involved in 290+ were inside 5 feet." In cardboard shacks etc...
    Thanks so so much for the feedback gents!

Oukaapie, I was wondering where your forum handle came from! Where about in die kaap?

I'll definitely look to get in touch with Mark! I see he's got a practitioner up here in Johannesburg, so will get in touch with him as well.
    Thanks once again for the guidance!

I'll definitely pop you a message with any further questions I have, Oukaapie!

Ja Boet.

I grew up in Sea Point. College in Grahamstown, a few years in London, little bit of time in the Middle East and lived in the US the last 16 years. Recently moved to TX. Yeehaa!

CP def gets my vote. Imagine someone is in the middle of kicking your ass, that tiny handle is gonna be hard to grab much less sticking your soon to be possibly broken finger in a hole. The width of the handle, especially when sweat will prob wiggle around too.

One of the first things I did when I moved to a non fixed blade state was wrote the congressman

CP can really disappear too if you wear the sheath behind a belt.

So I took the plunge and ordered a CP from Shivworks on Amazon Very excited to get it in my grubby little paws! :P I'm thinking about splurging and doing it right from the start and getting a DSG sheath for it. Anyone running one of these sheaths?

Hmmmmmm now if Shivworks would launch the Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    Hmmmmmm now if Shivworks would launch the Disciple
    Anxiously awaiting this as well!
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Same here!
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I wonder if Mr Douglas could give us an approximate ETA....

Paging MR Douglas, Paging Mr Douglas....

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    I wonder if Mr Douglas could give us an approximate ETA....

Paging MR Douglas, Paging Mr Douglas....

I'm hoping for first quarter of '18 for Disciples.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm hoping for first quarter of '18 for Disciples.
    Any updates on the Watson push dagger? Waiting to spend my money...

User Tag List