Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    It is a feature on some guns, perhaps an “unintended feature” on the M&P 1.0s?
    I’m confident you know that but I think the other guy was serious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by silentsod View Post
    I always loved this feature of my FS M&P45.

I get a little sad knowing any M&P2.0s I pick up will have "fixed" this behavior.
    It’s great until it doesn’t work which always happens at the worst possible moment. There are valid reasons auto forwarding is considered a malfunction for serious use but this is the main reason.

Thanks Guy

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s great until it doesn’t work which always happens at the worst possible moment. There are valid reasons auto forwarding is considered a malfunction for serious use but this is the main reason.
    I have clocked somewhere north of 20,000 rounds on this firearm and my reloads end with the thumb at the slide release. I've never had a problem because I run it like any other pistol and it just most of the times makes an emergency reload incredibly fast.

Something I have noticed is the M&P Compact conceals better for me AIWB than a Glock 19. Two reasons I think — the slide is tapered in the back and the grip part of the frame is less blocky.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This has helped me (a Glock Shooter) beat my M&P shooting competition.

I had an early-ish 1.0 (~2006) that would auto forward and it was great... until the mag springs got weak. Then even (especially) with a firmly seated magazine it would auto-forward into an empty chamber. When I sold that gun it only had a little over 5k on it and it was already on its 3rd or 4th set of magazine springs.

Nice to know they fixed it on the 2.0s.

Quote Originally Posted by silentsod View Post
    I get a little sad knowing any M&P2.0s I pick up will have "fixed" this behavior.
    We have noticed the 2.0 we have is significantly harder to manually lock the slide to the rear for people who are predisposed to such issues. The M&P platform is great for recoil sensitive shooters with small hands. However, the 2.0 "fix" for auto-forwarding may have made the gun less user friendly to some of this demographic with regard to achieving manual slidelock. TANSTAAFL for us.

My 1.0 M&P9C has never auto-forwarded under normal conditions (I've never gone full looney tunes on it). It is also relatively easy to manually lock the slide to the rear.

My 2.0 compact has auto-forwarded while my daughter was using it. While I'm not positive, I think it was after a manual slidelock which failed to fully engage the notch. Herein lies the problem for us; she can perform this task reliably with the 1.0 Compact, but she has a lot more trouble with the 2.0 Compact, probably because they fixed it. She often has to try multiple times, and occasionally it seems not to fully engage.

1.0 M&Ps may be a better choice for people prone to this particular problem. At least it's worth considering for this demographic. I wish they had 1.0s with the 15 round frame.

Does conceal mo better than a 19.....no pointy magazine corners.

My sample was not consistently accurate as compared to my 19's

Passed 1911 extraction test....my 19's don't (no gen 5's).... likely don't matter...

Nice grip angle and trigger finger alignment ....Made Glocks feel awkward after shooting it for a while.

Manual safety was not very positive and a bit awkward to ride.

Felt like it wanted to be run hard and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Something I have noticed is the M&P Compact conceals better for me AIWB than a Glock 19. Two reasons I think — the slide is tapered in the back and the grip part of the frame is less blocky.
    I agree, I think we tend to look at measurements like width of the gun as the maximum width at the one widest point. The widest part of the M&P is where the slide meets the frame, and the widest part of the G-19 is the bottom of the grip where it is poking out at your shirt. I do not carry mine appendix, but with a fifteen degree JMCK-IWB3 over at 3:00 it is probably as concealed as anything is gonna be.

Just saw one on GB compact size with RDS cut and the tall RDS sights. First one Ive seen. Unfortunately it didnt have the thumb safety. Id say soon you will be able to get everything in each model.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/900701263
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List