Page 78 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    The answer is always both
    I went with both, but I think I like the 3.6" better.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    After 8100 rounds my 2.0C is out of the carry lineup until I get some parts from Smith. It developed light primer strikers so they sent me a new striker assembly. The light strikes continued. I looked at the old striker and it is badly worn from contact with the striker block. It looks like the block isn't moving entirely out of the way and the striker is dragging on it. That could be fixed with a trigger bar loop adjustment on the first gen guns, but the 2.0 doesn't have the loop. I'm going to call them Monday and ask for a trigger bar(and whatever else they'll give me) and see if that solves it.
    Any updates? I think you've got the most rounds through your 2.0C of anyone who's posted so far. I'm curious how these guns handle long term round counts and I won't be putting a ton of ammo through mine. I'd love to see someone put one of these through a long term endurance test like TLG used to do.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Any updates? I think you've got the most rounds through your 2.0C of anyone who's posted so far. I'm curious how these guns handle long term round counts and I won't be putting a ton of ammo through mine. I'd love to see someone put one of these through a long term endurance test like TLG used to do.
    I called S&W and they told me I'd have to send it in and they would have it for 4-5 weeks. The last time I had to send a gun to them they didn't even have it for 4-5 days so I wasn't expecting that. I talked to someone who knows someone and he's going to try to get it expedited. I'll probably drop the gun off today. For now I'm back to a full size 2.0. It's approaching 6500 rounds. I checked out the striker in it and it isn't showing the wear that the compact's striker has.

I called S&W and they told me I'd have to send it in and they would have it for 4-5 weeks. The last time I had to send a gun to them they didn't even have it for 4-5 days so I wasn't expecting that. I talked to someone who knows someone and he's going to try to get it expedited. I'll probably drop the gun off today. For now I'm back to a full size 2.0. It's approaching 6500 rounds. I checked out the striker in it and it isn't showing the wear that the compact's striker has.
    My experience with S&W in recent years: If you call the mother ship or a field rep for a part or small problem they are helpful, lightning fast, and great to work with. If you send a gun home - especially if replacement is indicated - everything comes to a screeching halt.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    My experience with S&W in recent years: If you call the mother ship or a field rep for a part or small problem they are helpful, lightning fast, and great to work with. If you send a gun home - especially if replacement is indicated - everything comes to a screeching halt.
    They were awesome when it was assumed the problem was the striker spring reaching the end of its life. They sent the assembly with no issues. Now even the rep insists the gun be sent it.

I also asked the guy in tech support about spring replacement intervals. He said there is no recommended schedule for anything in the gun, and they are meant to be shot until something quits working. I asked his personal opinion on intervals and he got pretty pissy. Overall he was kind of a dick, and not nearly as professional and helpful as everyone else I've ever talked to there.

also asked the guy in tech support about spring replacement intervals. He said there is no recommended schedule for anything in the gun, and they are meant to be shot until something quits working. I asked his personal opinion on intervals and he got pretty pissy. Overall he was kind of a dick, and not nearly as professional and helpful as everyone else I've ever talked to there.
    Apparently, he's never opened their armorer's manual. It contains a comprehensive table of replacement intervals.
    Last edited by ST911; 08-20-2018 at 02:13 PM.

I picked up a 3.6" M&P 2C to go along with the 4" model. This one was born 7/2018. My observations:

1. The trigger is much better than the 4" model. The original trigger on the 4" was good but not great, and I installed Apex parts I had laying around for a superb results. This new specimen has some grit on the takeup, but not a disturbing amount. I suspect it would be very nice with a good polish. The sear break is 95% as good as the Apex, and actually feels very similar. The reset is still very short, though the Apex is a hair shorter. There is a small amount of overtravel with a little grit associated with striker block engagement on the rest, whereas there is no overtravel at all on the Apex. When I shot them side by side in practical fire exercises, the difference between the two triggers was not very noticeable at all. In slow fire I could tell the Apex was slightly better, but not enough to make much of any difference in outcome.

I realize that this is likely random variation but it goes to show that some M2.0 trigger are a lot better than others out of the box. I felt that the first one I got was definitely inferior to a Gen 5 Glock and needed Apex upgrades. The second one is much better and I am not going to rush to install an Apex kit. The triggers are still similar enough that I can shoot them side by side without having to make any noticeable adjustment.

2. In my hand, the 4.0" does indeed have slightly less recoil and shoots slightly flatter than the 3.6". Before going any further, I want to emphasize the word "slightly", but there definitely was a difference when I paid close attention. I could pull the trigger just as fast on either gun, but the 3.6" wanted to "lift off" more and had a harder time settling back on target in Bill Drill etc. This difference was small enough where it was probably commensurate to the added hassle of carrying an extra 1.1 ounces and having the slide protrude an extra 0.4" beneath the waist band. They are close enough where I would not hesitate to carry one and train with the other.
    Last edited by Calvin118; 08-20-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Found my manual...

I also asked the guy in tech support about spring replacement intervals. He said there is no recommended schedule for anything in the gun, and they are meant to be shot until something quits working.
    Snapshot, M&P 9/40 family, per S&W
    every 5k- replace slide stop, trigger return spring, RSA, coil pins, magazine spring and follower
    every 10k- replace trigger bar assembly, striker assembly
    every 20k- replace locking block, takedown lever and retaining wire, magazine catch, striker block, spring, and spacer, ejector
    Last edited by ST911; 08-20-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Found my manual...

Snapshot, M&P 9/40 family, per S&W
    every 5k- replace slide stop, trigger return spring, RSA, coil pins, magazine spring and follower
    every 10k- replace trigger bar assembly, striker assembly
    every 20k- replace locking block, takedown lever and retaining wire, magazine catch, striker block, spring, and spacer, ejector
    A new striker assembly every 10K? Is that normal?

Fortunately I think my 200-ish round 2.0 is fine for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Huh, and some scoff at Beretta for specifying a 30K interval locking block replacement.

User Tag List