Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

I just picked up my 3.6” 2.0 from FFL yesterday. The short: I love it. I managed to put 140 rounds through it before the storm hit. No issues at all. I only added some lube to the slide rails when I unboxed it and am planning on doing the 2k round challenge. The difference in size between it and my G26.4 with a Pearce +2 is negligible at best. Gun shot exceedingly well with factory sights. Percieved recoil was less with the 3.6” vs my G26.4 and I really preferred (subjective) the trigger over my G17.5.

Wife shot the best she ever has with it, but still liked the G26.4 due to the texture being too rough for her. Didn’t bother me and I actually liked the rougher texture. Now to find a 3.6” specific holster as I see this being my new EDC shortly.

Name:  1D3C83A8-3857-499F-8FEB-01C1105D3EE3.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  32.0 KB
    Name:  649A012C-4310-4114-AF18-EF690AD2DAD9.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  82FE7263-7718-4DB7-95F7-06AB15DD05D4.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  33.4 KB

^^^Cool!

I went to buy one today but my local shop was pretty high on price. And they were being grumpy/didn’t seem interested so didn’t even talk to them. Grabagun has them for like $390. I normally don’t mind paying more at the local shop but pretty sure they were over $500 so yea. I have one other local place to try first.

Site Supporter
    My lgs has both length M&P's. I like the 3.6". I see that it lends itself to IWB appendix carry. Other than looks, is there another advantage to this shorter M&P? I think that giving it a shorter grip would have made it easier to conceal but am not certain what advantage the shorter slide gives.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My lgs has both length M&P's. I like the 3.6". I see that it lends itself to IWB appendix carry. Other than looks, is there another advantage to this shorter M&P? I think that giving it a shorter grip would have made it easier to conceal but am not certain what advantage the shorter slide gives.
    I see this being a good RDS gun, other than that, I see a 12 round version taking legacy compact mags coming next.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A little less weight, a little better balance - disclaimer, have not shot the 3.6" yet. Just picked up the 3.6" yesterday after getting a 4" at the beginning of July. Had some interest in the M&P 2.0 Compact for awhile but the rebate convinced me to get one. Wanted a 3.6" all along but the prices were too high on them at the time. Now I have both, but not sure I'll end up keeping the 4".

Vending Machine Operator
    I keep telling myself I don't need the 3.6" in addition to the 4" but the problem is that after my break-in range session with my 2.0 .45 and 2.0 4" 9mm I am realizing I like these pistols more than any since the Beretta 92 series and Gen 4 Glocks and I shoot them better than I've shot anything yet, especially the .45. Better than my HK VP9, better than the Sigs I had, better than even the APX. A casual function proof session where I wasn't even trying to be accurate, including a few mag dumps and quick double and triple taps, gave me better accuracy than most guns when I'm actively trying to be accurate.

As a side note, I emailed Smith asking if they'll produce a black 5" 9mm and they said no current plans to do so but they'd forward it to marketing. A little perplexing.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-07-2018 at 09:30 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

So I caved and ordered a 4” version with the thumb safety off of Grabagun this afternoon. It came to less than $390 shipped. I like the idea of supporting an American manufacturer that finally came out with a solid gun in the G19 sized envelope. I wanted the M&P to be a success but the 9mm accuracy issues really let me down. I hope they fixed the 2.0 9mm. It sounds like most people are seeing noticeably improved accuracy at 25y with a rare person posting about 1.0 levels of accuracy. With the $50 rebate, if I don’t like it I can probably sell it for at least what I’ve got in it. If I do like it then I’ve got a cool American gun that’s in my ideal size. I figured I had nothing to lose.

ETA: A small part of me wants to toss the nicest aftermarket trigger I can find in it to make a poor man’s Wilson EDC X9. I loved the one Ken Hackathorn let me shoot in class but I can’t justify spending that much on a pistol that’ll just be for grins and giggles at this point in my life. Maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 08-07-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    "A small part of me wants to toss the nicest aftermarket trigger I can find in it to make a poor man’s Wilson EDC X9." - I had the same thought. I have a stock M&P 2.0 Compact Thumb Safety model available. My shooting partner has 2.0 9mm Compact with the APEX polymer trigger and aftermarket sights - kind of a poor mans EDC X9.

Do they have 10rd 2.0 Compact mags out yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    I love the 2.0s, pretty much good to go as is which can't be said about the 1.0s. The only thing I do to my 2.0s is black out the rear sights with a marker and throw a dawson fiber on the front sight. It becomes totally legit at that point.

User Tag List