Page 74 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Vending Machine Operator
    I may actually order the 5” 9mm while I’m in the rebate window still.

I REALLY like these guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

Being a Glock guy I really hate to admit how much I like the 2.0s, just ordered another a 3.6” for 320$ after rebate was impossible for me to pass on.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Being a Glock guy I really hate to admit how much I like the 2.0s, just ordered another a 3.6” for 320$ after rebate was impossible for me to pass on.
    I still love my Glocks but my rationale for picking them up was the same. I got each one for less than $399 including shipping and transfer. I absolutely think they’re worth $500 after a little shooting time.

Interested to see how they mature around 3-4K rounds but I’m optimistic.

State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

My wife recently commondeered my G26.4 as her new carry gun to replace her G43. Thus I had a “reason” to buy me a new gun. After comparing the M&P 2.0 3.6” to my G26 with a +2 mag, I was on the hunt. Thankfully I got mine on the last day of the sale at Smokey Mountain Guns and Ammo for $369 shipped. With the rebate, I will have $320 in it. No loss and it gives me 15+1 in the same footprint without having to have an X-grip.

I keep checking my tracking # like a kid looking for Santa’s sleigh.

Site Supporter
    After 8100 rounds my 2.0C is out of the carry lineup until I get some parts from Smith. It developed light primer strikers so they sent me a new striker assembly. The light strikes continued. I looked at the old striker and it is badly worn from contact with the striker block. It looks like the block isn't moving entirely out of the way and the striker is dragging on it. That could be fixed with a trigger bar loop adjustment on the first gen guns, but the 2.0 doesn't have the loop. I'm going to call them Monday and ask for a trigger bar(and whatever else they'll give me) and see if that solves it.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

I've considered a 5" also, as a match gun, or just to put away until I could afford a Trijicon RMR and the cost of the milling of the slide.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Yesterday, my brother traded in his M&P 22 for his first defensive pistol. He thought he wanted an FNX 9 because he has held one before.

After going to the gun shop, him holding an FNS (No FNX) and a few other guns I finally got him to look at a few of my suggestions. Glock 19.5 and M&P 2.0 Compact. I tols him if he is going to sacrifice the DA hammer driven that he wants (cant afford alot of other DA options) and go striker that he should look at the most popular two striker guns.

Between grip texture and thumb safety, he perferred the 2.0 Compact. A different gunstore was willing to give him $200 trade in on the 22 and order the 2.0 compact. $350 somthing cash, plus trade in, and he'll get the rebate after. Not the best deal but also found a local gunshop he likes so building the relationship might be worth the 22lr.

I think he is getting a solid "do-all" pistol, and he has literally followed the M&P line from Airgun, to 22, to 9mm. I'm to close with him to truly teach marksmanship (brotherly competition and ego. Probably from both of us) but I'm glad I could present some pros and cons and have him pick a solid gun.

I'll be watching this thread even closer now.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 08-05-2018 at 08:26 AM.

For those that have the 3.6” are you liking it? I was shooting my full size 2.0 next to my gen 5 17 yesterday and I really think the 2.0 is a better shooter. Was thinking of the 3.6 for a red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    For those that have the 3.6” are you liking it? I was shooting my full size 2.0 next to my gen 5 17 yesterday and I really think the 2.0 is a better shooter. Was thinking of the 3.6 for a red dot.
    Looking forward to the feedback pew_pew, trying to hold off on a 3.6" in case S&W ever decides to release a gen2 CORE, need something to mount that new AP ACRO on.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 08-05-2018 at 06:29 PM.

I'd love some feedback on the 3.6 vs the regular 2.0 compact as thats what I'm trying to decide.

User Tag List