Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Finally got to shoot one the other day, rented it, and WOW! Accurate, minimal recoil. They did a nice job.

I almost bought it on the spot, however, when they brought it out there was a about a 1/3” gap at the front showing exposed magazine, it looked like something was off, and I passed. When I got back home, looked at several images, the stock catalog image looks completely flush and properly fit. This was definitely off. S&W kinda blew it off when I called saying as long as it shot it was “in spec.”

I will buy one when I find a flush fitting one, otherwise they have done a nice job.

Dave
    Inexpensive and plastic guns are inexpensive and plastic. There’s tons of Glocks out in the wild that have dust covers that “go up” towards the muzzle. No functional impediment there.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

My Gen 5 G19 actually has a larger gap than my M&P2.0C and I could care less. The CZ P-10C and the Sig P-320C also have gaps (see the links below) Just about all pistol have some gap, some a little more than others.

https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/defau.../CZ-P10C-3.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...auer-P320C.jpg
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-21-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Once the mags are loaded they aren't going to sit flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'd be interested in how that turns out.
    I have been keeping this in mind as motivation.
    Here is my thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....urn-on-the-saw
    I have some Use It Or Lose It vacation next week and this thing is on the agenda. Pretty sure doing one around the 15 round magazines would work the same way, and would probably work the same way. Of course that means mine will not be the current hotness as soon as I finish it, but Oh Well...

Anyone else shooting one of these? Any more reviews or insights? Seemed to go quiet on the 2.0 here. I’ve got my eye on one of these, a P30 or a g5 Glock for this Summer. Noticed there still are no 10rd mags for the compact.

Site Supporter
    I really like mine. I'll be ordering a second one next week. I've added an Apex polymer trigger and Heinie sights. I have a little over 1K through it without issue. If Crimson Trace would add lasergrips I'd have my ideal carry gun.
    Last edited by Up1911Fan; 01-06-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Anyone else shooting one of these? Any more reviews or insights? Seemed to go quiet on the 2.0 here. I’ve got my eye on one of these, a P30 or a g5 Glock for this Summer. Noticed there still are no 10rd mags for the compact.
    I have around 4,000 rounds now through a few of them. Not one failure of any kind. Fantastic pistol in my opinion.

I bought one about a month or so ago, installed Trijicon HDs on it, and like it. It has had only 500 rounds through it thus far due to the holidays and weather. The gun shoots well and has had no issues. I don't have any insight on the 10 rd mags as they are unnecessary where I live. All three pistols you mentioned would be good choices, but I recall reading a while back where there was some question about the reliability of the Glock reduced capacity 10 rd mags.

One of the main reasons I’d skip the Glock. I’ve had many friends not have issues but I’ve had a few over a few years of shooting them.

Here's a bit of "long term" info.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ompact-pistol/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List