Page 42 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I feel like the m&p forces me higher up the shoe (less leverage maybe)
    I definitely measured it on the lower hinged portion. I didn't consider that maybe that's not actually what I'm pulling. I'll be taking a closer look.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I definitely measured it on the lower hinged portion. I didn't consider that maybe that's not actually what I'm pulling. I'll be taking a closer look.
    Someone at Apex told me the 2.0 triggers are 6-6.5 pounds, and I think I read something from S&W that said 6. I believe it on mine.

I agree with your description of the trigger. It's like there's nothing, then a six pound wall with no movement at all, then it breaks. It seems especially true with my compact. After almost a year of shooting 2.0's I've grown to like it and won't be doing anything with the triggers. If I could get a flatter trigger that wasn't hinged and didn't change any other aspect I would try it, but anything that's available shortens the take up and reduces the weight.

I currently own two M&P 2.0 compacts (one with a Apex duty/carry trigger kit installed in it) and two Gen5 G19's. In the past I've also had a Sig P-320c, VP9, CZ P-10c, PPQ and many other pistols, striker fired and DA/SA. *Overall*, I prefer G19 sized 9mm pistols the most. For me the Gen5 G19 *just* edges out my M&P 2.0 compact pistols, even though I tend to shoot my Apex triggered 2.0 compact a little faster and more accurately than my Gen 5 G19. The M&P pistols triggers break a *little* farther back than some of the other compact striker pistols, If you have large hands, using the three supplied grip inserts you can pretty much get the perfect trigger reach to fit you. Talon X-grips can also be used to tailor the grip * shape* and feel. The Apex triggers for the M&P pistols, whether the duty/carry kit or the forward setting sear trigger kit also move the trigger breakpoints forward some. The Duty /carry kit moves it forward approx .080" of an inch and the forward setting sear trigger kits even more. I use the factory OEM trigger spring with the Apex kit because i prefer a heavier break. It is still plenty light *for me*. My 2.0 compact also balances just a *little* bit more towards the front than my Gen 5 G19. Its because it uses a stainless steel frame insert embedded in the frame for rigidity and it runs almost to the front of the frame. It also uses a stainless steel guide rod instead of a plastic one.
    *For me*, the factory triggers on my Gen 5 G19's, with some shooting, dry firing and some light polishing are pretty decent carry triggers and nothing really needs added to them. That being said, if I could not have a Gen 5 G19, *I* would choose the M&P 2.0 compact over the Gen 4 G19. IMHO, with the reliability and accuracy being *pretty much* equal among the top 9mm compact pistols these days, personal preferences like ergos, grip texture, trigger feel, etc. are the deciding factors for many in their pistol choice. IMHO, you cannot go wrong with either pistol.

Probably going to get a Apex 2.0 flatty. Need to wring this RMR out at the range before I pick up another 2.0C.

While I love the concept of the thumb safety, I am not digging how it interfaces with my firing grip.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The thumb safety works great for me. I ride it with my thumb. No issues over 2,000 rounds now. I have small hands and use the small backstrap, very comfortable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While I love the concept of the thumb safety, I am not digging how it interfaces with my firing grip.
    Same here, going to give it some more time but the second 2.0 will probably not have a ts.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same here.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I currently own two M&P 2.0 compacts (one with a Apex duty/carry trigger kit installed in it) and two Gen5 G19's. In the past I've also had a Sig P-320c, VP9, CZ P-10c, PPQ and many other pistols, striker fired and DA/SA. *Overall*, I prefer G19 sized 9mm pistols the most. For me the Gen5 G19 *just* edges out my M&P 2.0 compact pistols, even though I tend to shoot my Apex triggered 2.0 compact a little faster and more accurately than my Gen 5 G19. The M&P pistols triggers break a *little* farther back than some of the other compact striker pistols, If you have large hands, using the three supplied grip inserts you can pretty much get the perfect trigger reach to fit you. Talon X-grips can also be used to tailor the grip * shape* and feel. The Apex triggers for the M&P pistols, whether the duty/carry kit or the forward setting sear trigger kit also move the trigger breakpoints forward some. The Duty /carry kit moves it forward approx .080" of an inch and the forward setting sear trigger kits even more. I use the factory OEM trigger spring with the Apex kit because i prefer a heavier break. It is still plenty light *for me*. My 2.0 compact also balances just a *little* bit more towards the front than my Gen 5 G19. Its because it uses a stainless steel frame insert embedded in the frame for rigidity and it runs almost to the front of the frame. It also uses a stainless steel guide rod instead of a plastic one.
    *For me*, the factory triggers on my Gen 5 G19's, with some shooting, dry firing and some light polishing are pretty decent carry triggers and nothing really needs added to them. That being said, if I could not have a Gen 5 G19, *I* would choose the M&P 2.0 compact over the Gen 4 G19. IMHO, with the reliability and accuracy being *pretty much* equal among the top 9mm compact pistols these days, personal preferences like ergos, grip texture, trigger feel, etc. are the deciding factors for many in their pistol choice. IMHO, you cannot go wrong with either pistol.

I believe the Apex supplied TRS is heavier than factory. I put the Apex TRS in mine for a somewhat heavier overall pull.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Been carrying my 2.0 a few days now. Predictably enough, it carries well given its size and weight. Given the fact that it doesn’t have a hammer or an external safety, I am extra, extra careful when holstering the little beast up. ��
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List