Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

I don't have much confidence in Smith's ability to build something that's accurate over the long term. I live vicariously through others on this one until proven otherwise. There is so much I like about the M&P. I really want it to do well.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

$400 street price and release it while the mag/ammo/loader rebate is active and I'm a buyer...today!

Do you guys really consider changing "plattforms" every few months for minor improvements?

I'm a simpleton, and like tried things. If something works OK for me (and quite a few things do), I try to spend my time and money on ammo and practice instead of perpetually chasing hardware perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    This is bad for me and my wandering mind when it comes to pistols
    My wandering mind was getting cozy with the CZ P10C, and then this happens...

I actually hope it isn't as large as a G19. I carry a 1.0 M&Pc and my wife has a G19. Hers is in a special purse so works OK. I prefer mine though as it is just enough smaller to make hip carry in my Crossbreed easier..Crap I just went back the screen shot and see it's a 4 in barrel and 15 rnds. Definitely larger than my 1.0. Kind of crazy to me. The standard M&P9 2.0 is 15 rnds and 4.25 barrel
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-15-rds
    So the compact is 1/4 inch shorter? Huh?Why bother?
    Last edited by CraigS; 09-08-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I actually hope it isn't as large as a G19. I carry a 1.0 M&Pc and my wife has a G19. Hers is in a special purse so works OK. I prefer mine though as it is just enough smaller to make hip carry in my Crossbreed easier..Crap I just went back the screen shot and see it's a 4 in barrel and 15 rnds. Definitely larger than my 1.0. Kind of crazy to me. The standard M&P9 2.0 is 15 rnds and 4.25 barrel
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-15-rds
    So the compact is 1/4 inch shorter? Huh?Why bother?
    Just to point out, the standard M&P 2.0 9mm actually holds 17 rounds. Thus the new compact with 15 rounds in the stack is a little shorter in the grip, just like the G19 vs G17.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Do you guys really consider changing "plattforms" every few months for minor improvements?

I'm a simpleton, and like tried things. If something works OK for me (and quite a few things do), I try to spend my time and money on ammo and practice instead of perpetually chasing hardware perfection.
    Change platforms? No. But I am keenly interested in the new innovations flooding the market. I like to try them out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post

Personally, I'd like to see a quality American made pistol from an American company succeed. S&W went out of their way to support the shooting team I was on in college, from providing us with donated pistols to hosting the Joint Service Academy Combat Weapons Competition every year. They sponsor excellent shooters like Julie Golob who are real ambassadors for the shooting industry. I'd rather that my money goes to them rather than to Gaston's luxury horse ranch.

So I guess, yeah, I'm emotionally invested in seeing an inanimate tool making company succeed, but those are the reasons why for me.

These seem very interesting.

If they have fixed the accuracy issue these may be a hit. I'd love to see a USA based manufacturer succeed. CORE with a safety may end up coming home one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see a quality American made pistol from an American company succeed. S&W went out of their way to support the shooting team I was on in college, from providing us with donated pistols to hosting the Joint Service Academy Combat Weapons Competition every year. They sponsor excellent shooters like Julie Golob who are real ambassadors for the shooting industry. I'd rather that my money goes to them rather than to Gaston's luxury horse ranch.

So I guess, yeah, I'm emotionally invested in seeing an inanimate tool making company succeed, but those are the reasons why for me.
    Coast Guard Academy?

User Tag List