Page 23 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

I made a promise to myself when I bought the 2.0 that would shoot it "as is." After playing with my Shield with Apex trigger parts again, I broke down and ordered the Apex DCAEK. The crunchy striker block is more than I can bear.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Is the mp partially or fully tensioned?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Is the mp partially or fully tensioned?
    Fully.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    That sounds like Pincus’s Avidity P10 or whatever it’s called.
    I had forgotten about that one.

I shot one in a side match at the Gunsite alumni match yesterday. Trigger sucked, although it shot fine. Funny that a PPQ holds 15, and offers you a full firing grip, where the M&P is also 15 rounds, but feels short. There was also a Shield as part of one stage, and it had all sorts of problems cleanly ejecting magazines.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Funny that a PPQ holds 15, and offers you a full firing grip, where the M&P is also 15 rounds, but feels short.

The PPQ is a taller gun. The spec sheets list the M&PC as 5.0", the PPQ 5.3", and the full size M&P 5.5".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot one in a side match at the Gunsite alumni match yesterday. Trigger sucked, although it shot fine. Funny that a PPQ holds 15, and offers you a full firing grip, where the M&P is also 15 rounds, but feels short. There was also a Shield as part of one stage, and it had all sorts of problems cleanly ejecting magazines.
    Didn’t shoot the side match, but the stage gun didn’t drop the mag cleanly for me either. Trigger was a little crunchy on it. First time I’d shot a Shield.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I bought a 2.0 compact in 9mm and like it so much I bought a second. Been shooting them a lot the last week. I have about 650 rounds through each. Ammo was Speer Lawman 124g and Speer Gold Dot 124g. 0 issues.

Been shooting and carrying a G19 for years. I like it and shoot it well but had to have some grip work done to make it comfortable for me. I will of course still carry and shoot it but I am going to start carrying one of 2.0 compacts for a while and see how it goes.

I got the versions with the thumb safety. I like it, reminds of the extended safety on my BHP. I shoot them with my thumb on the safety like a 1911 and it worked well for me. I had to switch carry from 4:00 IWB to AIWB because of a back injury and I like having the external safety.

Triggers are quite nice in my opinion. They are a little gritty at first but smooth out nicely after a few hundred rounds. I think S&W has a real winner here.

Curious on holster compatibility with the 2.0 Compact.....

Anyone know if the Safariland ALS Concealment holsters for the full sized M&P will fit the 2.0 Compact?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Curious on holster compatibility with the 2.0 Compact.....

Anyone know if the Safariland ALS Concealment holsters for the full sized M&P will fit the 2.0 Compact?
    I'm wondering the same thing.

User Tag List