Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    98z28 & ZincWarrior - Thank you for your experiences. Much appreciated.
    As an additional note:
    1) my old 1.0 M&P FS accuracy was absolutely horrible, to the point I didn't want to shoot it. This became especially apparent when I acquired an M&Pc which shot appreciably better at distance. I replaced the barrel with an aftermarket KKM and it was acceptably accurate (not as accurate as my Beretta 92). I subsequently acquired an M&PL and that pistol shot accurately, such that a KKm barrel I had ordered at the same time had no appreciable impact on accuracy. Apologies for not giving a detailed inc spread but once the pistol becomes more accurate than me then I am satisfied.

2) I haven't had to with my M&Ps but I sent in both my model 29 (so you can tell how long ago that was) and my Victory for work and both times the CS was quite good. I've generally heard good things about their CS for M&Ps as well.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 09-11-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Thanks for your input Kirk! if you don't mind me asking:
    1) Was the apex finicky about ammo? I have heard this about the Bar Sto barrels (my KKMs aren't, but they aren't smith fitted).
    2) Did this accuracy hold after the pistol reached say 2,000 rounds?
    My barrel was excellent with all ammo, although the higher end stuff (ASYM) was more accurate of course. I just had the semi-drop in, and lockup was perfect. I really believe that a high end bullseye shooter who knows how to handload for the long line at 50 could probably get 3" relatively easy. I know nothing of reloading myself so I was never able to try it lol.

I should also add that I had a 5" Pro that was absolutely the worst grouping gun ever (like 6-8", no joke... always 2 flyers out of 5). I dropped in a KKM and was getting 2.5" groups at 25 easily.
    Last edited by Kirk; 09-11-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    As an additional note:
    1) my old 1.0 M&P FS accuracy was absolutely horrible, to the point I didn't want to shoot it. This became especially apparent when I acquired an M&Pc which shot appreciably better at distance. I replaced the barrel with an aftermarket KKM and it was acceptably accurate (not as accurate as my Beretta 92). I subsequently acquired an M&PL and that pistol shot accurately, such that a KKm barrel I had ordered at the same time had no appreciable impact on accuracy. Apologies for not giving a detailed inc spread but once the pistol becomes more accurate than me then I am satisfied.

2) I haven't had to with my M&Ps but I sent in both my model 29 (so you can tell how long ago that was) and my Victory for work and both times the CS was quite good. I've generally heard good things about their CS for M&Ps as well.
    I'm familiar with the reported 1.0 issues, none of the FS models or Pro exhibited issues to the point that I would not have carried them at work. That includes the two I bought, one that was given me by a member here (still in that guy's debt), and one I got fot teaching a class. I played with after-market barrels - one is pretty functional, the other gave me a kaboom from an unsupported case (remeniscent of early Glock .40cal issues). I guess I got the only three good ones.

#2 isn't processing for me but I work nights and haven't finished my coffee.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    I don't see anything that says you can't. Were I getting one of these right now, I would certainly try. The gear rebate is open to all purchasers and the $50 is only for first responders.
    The $50 rebate you linked is only for .MIL including disabled vets and retirees.

This thread ought to be marked NSFCA. Very depressing for those of us living behind the Kommiefornia Curtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    I'm familiar with the reported 1.0 issues, none of the FS models or Pro exhibited issues to the point that I would not have carried them at work. That includes the two I bought, one that was given me by a member here (still in that guy's debt), and one I got fot teaching a class. I played with after-market barrels - one is pretty functional, the other gave me a kaboom from an unsupported case (remeniscent of early Glock .40cal issues). I guess I got the only three good ones.

#2 isn't processing for me but I work nights and haven't finished my coffee.
    Sorry I meant to say their customer service was always excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The $50 rebate you linked is only for .MIL including disabled vets and retirees.
    The link I posted was from Quantico Tactical's website. You may wish to check S&W's website for more details. I'm a .mil guy, so that's how I've always qualified for these and believed it to include anyone designated a First Responder. Perhaps I am in error on that.

Site Supporter
    I just pre ordered one, not sure on when they'll actually ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    You mean the deal they made back when they were owned by a British parent company? And was then backed out of by the American company that bought them next?

S&W is under different ownership, Bill Ruger is dead, etc... Things change.

Yes the lock S&W puts on their revolvers is dumb, but so is blaming the current company for something they had nothing to do with.
    S&W still putting the locks in the revolvers, correct ?

Site Supporter
    I was disappointed that the CTC Lasergrips for the M&P supposedly don't fit the 2.0 and there aren't plans to offer them. This would apply to the full size models. Hopefully they come out with one for them and the compact.

User Tag List