Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1129

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

I have three (2 five inch and 1 4.25) 2.0 pistols with gunsmith barrels fit by Randy Lee, and they are tack drivers. Significantly better accuracy than from the OEM barrels in those pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Unfortunately 3.6" won't work on the 4" frame, I bought a subcompact for that experiment but the 3.6" wouldn't lock up. Similar to how a G26 slide won't lock into a G19 frame.

Another option would be a 3.6" compact with an added comp. Should put overall length close to a full size 4.25" gun, depending on comp length.
    Gotcha. I wondered if that was the case.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Slight swerve but is anyone got a significant # of rds. thru a comped 4.25" & if so what comp/details etc?

Maybe another thread needed for that or post here to keep things concise.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have three (2 five inch and 1 4.25) 2.0 pistols with gunsmith barrels fit by Randy Lee, and they are tack drivers. Significantly better accuracy than from the OEM barrels in those pistols.
    How is reliability with fitted barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    How is reliability with fitted barrels?
    Perfect, which is not a surprise considering who fit them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Background cleared yesterday. Got my pistol (4.25" FS). Apex barrel is now fitted. Trigger is very gritty on take up. It seems like an issue with extra material in the striker block from S&W milling the slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGnPDjJCY1s

I'm debating on living with it for a few hundred rounds and seeing if it clears up. Anyone know if it will? If I go to all of the trouble of disassembling the SB then I'm just going to Apex it while it's apart.

I'm going to have to piss of the wife and leave her with the kids for an afternoon to go shoot this thing. Anticipation is getting to me. I'll do my best to post a 5 round group with and without Apex barrel at 25 yards off a sand bag. I'm not near as good a shot as most on PF, so that might not be useful info.
    Last edited by MrCoachKlein; 08-09-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Background cleared yesterday. Got my pistol (4.25" FS). Apex barrel is now fitted. Trigger is very gritty on take up. It seems like an issue with extra material in the striker block from S&W milling the slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGnPDjJCY1s

I'm debating on living with it for a few hundred rounds and seeing if it clears up. Anyone know if it will? If I go to all of the trouble of disassembling the SB then I'm just going to Apex it while it's apart.

I'm going to have to piss of the wife and leave her with the kids for an afternoon to go shoot this thing. Anticipation is getting to me. I'll do my best to post a 5 round group with and without Apex barrel at 25 yards off a sand bag. I'm not near as good a shot as most on PF, so that might not be useful info.
    After deburring the channel, chuck that striker block up into a cordless drill and roll it against some decreasing grits of sandpaper and then some polishing compound. I’m seriously concerned I won’t see much of an improvement when I get my apex trigger after polishing all my surfaces up. It’s ridiculously slick afterwards.
    Name:  74161255-08D5-4BDB-8BE7-6CCA2B8BF9BC.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  29.7 KB
    Name:  4531E979-8F6B-4C89-ABD7-D977EB559D4C.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  27.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    After deburring the channel, chuck that striker block up into a cordless drill and roll it against some decreasing grits of sandpaper and then some polishing compound. I’m seriously concerned I won’t see much of an improvement when I get my apex trigger after polishing all my surfaces up. It’s ridiculously slick afterwards.
    Name:  74161255-08D5-4BDB-8BE7-6CCA2B8BF9BC.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  29.7 KB
    Name:  4531E979-8F6B-4C89-ABD7-D977EB559D4C.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  27.8 KB
    What grit did you use?

Worst case scenario I get to buy the trigger I want

Going to shoot tomorrow. I'll post my best groups with each barrel at 25yd off the bags.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    What grit did you use?

Worst case scenario I get to buy the trigger I want

Going to shoot tomorrow. I'll post my best groups with each barrel at 25yd off the bags.
    400/600/800 and then polished it on the bench grinder with a buffing pad. Looking back, I wish I would have spent more time on the face of the block but it was obviously hardened and I didn’t want to cut through it if it was only surface hardened. To me, it was mostly important to polish the sides where the trigger bar would ride on. I also polished the sear and all metal-to-metal trigger interfaces. It’s pretty smooth now. I do wish I could knock about 1-2 lbs off the pull and change the shoe. Then it would make me happy!

Going to have to go back on my promise to post pictures. I'm just not a good enough shooter at 25 off a bag for the data to be useful. I will say I shot 5 rounds 4 times with both barrels from the sand bag and the Apex did seem to group smaller. The main thing I noticed was the S&W barrel had 3 really wild flyers of those 20 shots where the Apex barrel had none that I didn't call on myself after the shot.

Even at my skill level, I was able to slow shoot a 10" plate at 45 yards with about a 70% hit rate off hand with the Apex barrel.

I didn't really notice the grit in the trigger while shooting. I'll probably just leave it alone and see if it works itself out. Thanks for the info though TOTS.

User Tag List