Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1129

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The M&P with a thumb safety keeps tempting me.
    Had one and loved it. Their thumb safety is very 1911-like and comes off naturally. That said, I traded it for another P30 V1

It is OK not great for me. It is not very positive and I wack my index on it when manipulating the slide. ( to the point I considered removing it before I sold it.)

It was reasonably accurate with SOME ammo and some ammo patterned..... biggest peeve (2.0)

May try again with a barrel.

Very much enjoyed shooting it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It ain't quite as good as a 1911.

But it will let me reholster the pistol safely, so...

It's going to depend on your hands. I find the safety on the M17 fits me a little bit better, but the rest of that gun is a real question, IMO. I looked at giving one a go but hearing back from institutional users who were seeing issues like optics mounts leaving the gun under recoil and spending time with a borrowed one and finding that some of the same issues I have with the Glock happen with the 320 as well made me give that up.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I don’t like the apex parts over the stock performance center stuff and manual safeties are rated f for F that little switch.
    Interesting. I have the pedestrian CORE model compact and the Apex parts are an improvement over those stock bits...but I also was the guy who put the Massachusetts trigger reset springs in my 1.0 M&P's back when I was using them. So maybe I'm just kinky.

The Apex duty kit as it sits in my gun gives a long takeup and a more 1911 style trigger break than just about any other polymer gun I've tried.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

It's going to depend on your hands. I find the safety on the M17 fits me a little bit better, but the rest of that gun is a real question, IMO. I looked at giving one a go but hearing back from institutional users who were seeing issues like optics mounts leaving the gun under recoil and spending time with a borrowed one and finding that some of the same issues I have with the Glock happen with the 320 as well made me give that up.
    I’m still wondering how JMB got it right back in the early 1900s and most gun manufacturers still can’t get it right over 100 years later. Just copy the design already and move on!

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

My issue with the safety on the M&P is that it is too easy to actuate, both on and off. It doesn't positively lock in one position or the other, at least in comparison to the 1911. Repeatedly had the safety deactivate itself while carrying, while largely a fault of the holsters I was using, still not something I was thrilled with. Also made decent holsters hard to find at the time.

I ran this setup for almost 3 years before going to a 9mm commander.
    The M&P2.0 was a solid platform.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    The M&P TS is just “ok”, but it’s the best option available on a reliable, common and affordable platform. The Ruger American TS was better, and I would say even “pretty good” would be an accurate description. If there was evidence of the Ruger being a durable, reliable, long lasting platform, maybe it would be worth a look.

I figure I can learn to like to the TS on the MP. The MP is simple enough to work on that someone like me can be their own armorer and it seems to be reliable and durable.

The CZ P-07 I have is a great gun, but the M&P offers aftermarket support, subcompact options, a relatively simple design, and a shootable enough platform.

I picked up a 2.0 Compact 4" Optics Ready a few weeks ago and mounted a HoloSun 507C. TS feels very fine tuned 1911-ish to me on this one. Audible and tactile click. Factory out of the box trigger feels pretty sweet and ergos are awesome for me and my hand. I've only run a couple of mags through it and am looking forward to my next case of ammo so I can run it through some timed drills. Pretty sure it is going to go well.

For general EDC use, I think a stock Gen 5 trigger with the dot connector is near ideal. You have some pre travel, then you encounter a wall with enough pressure that you know you are doing something by continuing to press the trigger. With an OEM M&P 2.0 trigger, especially with a Performance Center or DCAEK trigger kit, you have a substantial amount of very light pre travel, but the wall is light enough you can easily crash through it before recognizing you are on the wall. That is not something a thumb safety will help with, since it involves pressing the trigger. I also think that much pre travel can induce sympathetic movement, especially shooting one hand. That is why I think a Shield Plus or Apex FSS with heavier springs is better for EDC. If a thumb safety is the only way I felt comfortable carrying a M&P, I would get something else, as that thumb safety comes off way too easy.
    Last edited by GJM; 10-17-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List